Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

A few buckles for consideration

Article about: by Erno That is true, but I don't like to trouble the experts unnecessarily. Nonetheless, if anyone wants to give opinions about the buckles, it certainly would be an appreciated education!

Quote by Erno View Post
    That is true, but I don't like to trouble the experts unnecessarily. Nonetheless, if anyone wants to give opinions about the buckles, it certainly would be an appreciated education!

My opinion is:

Polizei - real
    Luftwaffe - real
    HJ - real
    SA - unsure but leaning real
    RAD - unsure but leaning real
    SS - obvious fake

For those interested, here's a better shot of the back of the SA:

Attachment 659028

The Luftwaffe buckle is an Aurich and the RAD is Klein und Quenzner. Comparing to genuine examples, I think they are both real. I can't identify the makers of the other buckles, because they aren't marked, and I'm not good enough yet to determine the manufacturer from appearances alone.
    Hello,

the SA is a original "dragon head" from Friedrich Linden Lüdenscheid .

Here for comparison a marked one :

A few buckles for considerationA few buckles for consideration
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A few buckles for consideration
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    I think i'd be willing to pay $700-$750 if all the rest are legit!..
    Well, he asked me to make an offer, so I said around $450. I didn't want to pay any more in case the belts were fake/not German, so I felt that $450 was a safe place for me. Of course he won't take that offer, especially if he thinks the SS is real.

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Guys I think the seller is on crack, looks like a mixture of good and bad, still away in Venice and cannot really see much on my phone, will look when I get back.
    I think the seller himself doesn't really know anything about them, if his story is to be believed. He claims that the buckles belong to his father. Thank you for taking a look, Ben! If nothing else, as was stated previously by another member, it is a good education.

Quote by yellow12 View Post
    Hello,

the SA is a original "dragon head" from Friedrich Linden Lüdenscheid .
    Thanks, Markus! I thought this was a good one, but I couldn't find a similar one to compare. The ability to determine the make of a buckle from small details is very impressive.

?

The SS is trash. The SA, RAD and HJ are worth under a $100 each. The Luftwaffe is worth around a $100. I would need better photos to see what the belts are worth. I wouldn't pay $700 unless the belts were real nice.

?

Quote by kirby View Post
    The SS is trash. The SA, RAD and HJ are worth under a $100 each. The Luftwaffe is worth around a $100. I would need better photos to see what the belts are worth. I wouldn't pay $700 unless the belts were real nice.
    There was also an original Heer buckle, which isn't included in the photos here, but it wasn't an exceptionally valuable one.

The police buckle looks like a zinc one
    Ben

?

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    The police buckle looks like a zinc one
    Ben, is that unusual for police buckles? Most that I've seen pictured are aluminum.

By the way, anyone interested in contacting the seller can feel free to message me, and I will pass his e-mail address on to you. I find that doubtful, though!

Is everyone happy with the HJ? If you blow up the pics it says RZM Ges Gesch? Very strange!
    Ben

Gents

I dont like the HJ either, it does not add up for me? A later steel HJ buckle marked RZM Ges Gesch? Has anyone got another example they can post good pictures of?
    Ben

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3