Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Few buckles. Wondering about authenticity

Article about: Hello everyone, randomly found this site while looking up collector information and figured i'd ask some collectors about some buckles I have in my collection. There is an SA buckle, Luft bu

?

Default Few buckles. Wondering about authenticity

Hello everyone, randomly found this site while looking up collector information and figured i'd ask some collectors about some buckles I have in my collection. There is an SA buckle, Luft buckle and a HJ buckle. The SA and Luft one have no RZM or markings but the HJ has a "questionable" RZM on it, as I've been told since the "Z" has no line across it, it automatically means it is a fake. Here are the pics. Let me know if more are needed to make a judgement.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Few buckles. Wondering about authenticity   Few buckles. Wondering about authenticity  

Few buckles. Wondering about authenticity   Few buckles. Wondering about authenticity  

Few buckles. Wondering about authenticity   Few buckles. Wondering about authenticity  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Few buckles. Wondering about authenticity
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Few buckles. Wondering about authenticity

Sorry here are the rest...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Few buckles. Wondering about authenticity   Few buckles. Wondering about authenticity  

Lucia

Welcome to the forum.

I can only comment on the HJ and the SA buckles and both in my opinion are quite original. It is absolute nonsense to suggest that an RZM logo (a) with or without a horizontal bar to the Z and/or (b) with no ring/single ring/double ring - indicates that the buckle is a fake. There are numerous variations and permutations of the RZM logo.

The HJ is a "Kriegsmetall" example by Wilhelm Deumer.

The SA is a well documented design of eagle and swastika and I know this buckle well as (a) one piece brass, (b) brass with a separate brass roundel and (c), brass with a steel backing plate. The one that you hold has a brass box with very distinct "ears" which is quite unusual for an SA.

Regards,

David

?

Many thanks for the reply David. That whole RZM business on the HJ buckle has been nothing but trouble for me. I've had one collector run to his car to grab a book and shove it in my face to show me I was wrong. At least thats 2/3 which are legit