Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Finkenkuhle mag. marked belt. Iron source for Hitlers war machine? Wanted: more info.

Article about: I have a belt with a very interesting ink mark on the back. One of my customers did some homework and find out this: The stamp says: Finkenkuhle magazine (shorted) This would stand for the F

?

Question Finkenkuhle mag. marked belt. Iron source for Hitlers war machine? Wanted: more info.

I have a belt with a very interesting ink mark on the back. One of my customers did some homework and find out this:

The stamp says: Finkenkuhle magazine (shorted)

This would stand for the Finkenkuhle iron ore mine in Salzgitter/ Lower Saxony ( Grube Finkenkuhle ) The word in brackets on the ink stamping on the belt must be: "Magazin" wich means a store/ depot.

This mine whas a very important iron source for Hitler's war machine??!!

Does anyone have more info about this belt?

It has a black coating over the leather. It's not a belt for everyday work in the mines I guess?

What buckle would be attatched on this belt?

Maybe more of those belts in collections out there?

Any help is apreciated!

Best regards Tommy

us1945@hotmail.com

Finkenkuhle mag. marked belt. Iron source for Hitlers war machine? Wanted: more info.Finkenkuhle mag. marked belt. Iron source for Hitlers war machine? Wanted: more info.Finkenkuhle mag. marked belt. Iron source for Hitlers war machine? Wanted: more info.Finkenkuhle mag. marked belt. Iron source for Hitlers war machine? Wanted: more info.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Finkenkuhle mag. marked belt. Iron source for Hitlers war machine? Wanted: more info.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Finkenkuhle mag. marked belt. Iron source for Hitlers war machine? Wanted: more info.

Hi Tommy,

Nice to see you on this forum as well Thank you for sharing the images here. As I said, the "homework" was generously done by member Guido who also helped with translation and provided the treated image. David North also very kindly advised me and offered his thoughts on the belt and buckle.

After examining the photos closer I believe Guido is right on the money here. It is a very interesting belt and I do wonder also what kind of buckle would have gone along with it. It does not strike me as something that would have actually been worn into the mines as a utility strap. Curious to hear anyone's thoughts on this belt.

Best,
    Adam

?

Default Re: Finkenkuhle mag. marked belt. Iron source for Hitlers war machine? Wanted: more info.

Hi All,

after seeing the black varnish coating and the type of hook of this belt I also do not think that it is a belt for work.

Imaginable perhaps that the belt was worn together with a miners parade dress or with a miners band dress. Who knows?

BTW, the German word "Magazin" is no abbreviation!

Best,
    Guido

I agree, seems to be more of a parade belt rather than one used on a coal pit face.
    Ben