Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German Belt Buckles.

Article about: Hey guys, Can someone please tell me if these are real? I'm told they are - One Pfadfinderbund(Boy Scouts)Belt Buckle One Frontheil(Veterans Assoc)Belt Buckle One SA Belt Buckle. Marked RZM

?

Default German Belt Buckles.

Hey guys,

Can someone please tell me if these are real?
    I'm told they are -

One Pfadfinderbund(Boy Scouts)Belt Buckle
    One Frontheil(Veterans Assoc)Belt Buckle
    One SA Belt Buckle. Marked RZM M4/14 on the back.

Thanks

Danger
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Belt Buckles.   German Belt Buckles.  

German Belt Buckles.   German Belt Buckles.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Belt Buckles.
    P
    Many

They look good to me but the photos are not very good. Others with more knowledge will reply.
    John

?

You should post them separately, It makes it confusing.. G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

You need a front and back on each . The buckle with the RZM marking is a fake.

Dear Danger,

Crikey, challenging images that you have submitted !

I agree with Kirby in that the SA buckle is a fake. Actually it is a fantasy buckle, as one similar never existed pre 1945 and the buckle per se, has been discussed previously within the Forum.

The image for the Stahlhelmbund buckle is not clear, however I think that it is a fake. There are original buckles jolly similar to the one that you have shown, however there is one well known mimic fake. One of the characteristics of the fake is a soft rendition of "Front Heil" and I think that it is being displayed here. Clear images of the obverse and reverse would instantly answer the question.

I have no idea about the little fellow displaying the "fleur-de-lis".

Regards and best wishes,

David

My apology for stating they look good. I spoke to soon and from lack of knowledge. I certainly defer to the knowledge on the forum.
    John

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    My apology for stating they look good. I spoke to soon and from lack of knowledge. I certainly defer to the knowledge on the forum.
    John
    An apology is simply not required John as we are all constantly learning by sharing knowledge and experience via this Forum. The purpose of the War Relics Forum !

Regards and best wishes,

David

Images of a similar SA buckle to that included within the opening post.

The roundel design is constant, as is the box, to include the spurious RZM markings.

There are however many variations and permutations to the roundel finish, types of solder spots, together with the pin, pin shroud and claw arrangements.

A fantasy SA buckle in my opinion.

Regards and best wishes,

David

Roundel images to possibly similar (fake) Stahlhelmbund buckles, to that included within the opening post.

The roundel design is reasonably constant, although there are minor variations to the helmet design. What is constant though is the very soft detail of the "Front Heil" lettering. Roundel images first and second (of three), show the more common fake design.

There are however numerous variations and permutations to the roundel finish, box types and methods of attaching the roundel, together with the pin, pin shroud and claw arrangements.

For myself at least, clearer images of the queried buckle are really needed in order to furnish an accurate assessment.

Regards and best wishes,

David

?

Hello David.

Thanks for making this a more interesting thread. Garry was asking about you. He says hi.