MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

GpF - Gemeinschaft proletarischer Freidenker / Community Proletarian Freethinkers

Article about: And Now For Something Completely Different ... Community Proletarian Freethinkers... I think. This selfmade buckle looks very much like a member of the "Gemeinschaft proletarischer Frei

Default GpF - Gemeinschaft proletarischer Freidenker / Community Proletarian Freethinkers

And Now For Something Completely Different ... Community Proletarian Freethinkers... I think.

This selfmade buckle looks very much like a member of the "Gemeinschaft proletarischer Freidenker" made in his workshop, what do you think ?

This community was - like the name says - Freethinkers, left wing / communist, who were enemies of the church.

Any comments welcome - cheers Thomas
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture GpF - Gemeinschaft proletarischer Freidenker / Community Proletarian Freethinkers   GpF - Gemeinschaft proletarischer Freidenker / Community Proletarian Freethinkers  

GpF - Gemeinschaft proletarischer Freidenker / Community Proletarian Freethinkers  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement GpF - Gemeinschaft proletarischer Freidenker / Community Proletarian Freethinkers
    P
    Many

Default Re: GpF - Gemeinschaft proletarischer Freidenker / Community Proletarian Freethinkers

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture GpF - Gemeinschaft proletarischer Freidenker / Community Proletarian Freethinkers  

Default Re: GpF - Gemeinschaft proletarischer Freidenker / Community Proletarian Freethinkers

Certainly a first for me.....I've never seen anything like that before!
    Interesting.....would love to hear more!
    Rob

A new one on me too! Thanks!

I like the almost "Arts and Crafts" appearance of the buckle: homemade I guess would fit into their way of thinking.

Cheers, Ade.

Thomas, a first for me too!
    Ben

?

The first time for me that I saw a buckle like this! A super buckle, Thomas, I like it very much.

"Verpfaffung" Funny to read this German term!!
    This sounds very odd nowadays!

Beste Grüße,
    Guido

A remarkable buckle Thomas.

Remarkable by not only who this organisation was, however remarkable by the method of construction.

As you suggest, one of the traits of this organisation was strongly against and opposed to the strong influence of the Church in schools. I suppose that squares the circle nicely with the notion of "free thinking" and not to have young children forcibly subjected to centuries old dogma that was otherwise immune to criticism.

Strong stuff.

A lovely design and as Ade has suggested, a distinct Arts and Crafts feel and my goodness, a stamped out and full face plaque, silver soldered onto a previously worn Imperial or early Weimar box.

An absolute pleasure to see and for many of us - a first.

Regards,

David