Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hate/Souvenir belt

Article about: Just got this in, hate or souvenir belt... All looks period done, but I suppose you never can tell. I like it though, civil belt that's been shortened, maybe for a kid?

Default Hate/Souvenir belt

Just got this in, hate or souvenir belt... All looks period done, but I suppose you never can tell. I like it though, civil belt that's been shortened, maybe for a kid?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hate/Souvenir belt   Hate/Souvenir belt  

Hate/Souvenir belt   Hate/Souvenir belt  

Hate/Souvenir belt  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hate/Souvenir belt
    P
    Many

Looks like an original belt Lenny where the hook has been replaced, ref the badges aint got a clue
    Ben

I had a friend check all the badges and they are genuine... They also have indentations under them, seem to be have been there for a while. Of course it's hard to say when it was made, but price was less than the value of the badges bought separately.

Which is nice
    Ben

I like these 'hate' belts!

There are a few threads about them at the bottom of this one

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Nice , one of the better ones I have seen .

?

Very nice. I have never owned one of these hate belts. It seem this was more popular in the Great War. I see a lot more imperial ones than WWII.

It made me think of a WWII buddy of my father. He had a swastika flag about 5 feet x 4 feet that was covered with badges, medals and all sorts of insignia. I ended getting a bag full of stuff from him but the flag disappeared.

Great looking souvenir belt! I have a KM example - with a heer buckle. I've shared it here at one time. It came from a vet in Nova Scotia. Shoulder boards and KM trade badges on mine.
    You have a wonderful belt there!! Congrats!

Rob

Keep meaning to get back to this thread and post my example. They are all so different - that is what makes these belts SO cool.

Cheers!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hate/Souvenir belt   Hate/Souvenir belt  

Hate/Souvenir belt  
    Attached Images Attached Images Hate/Souvenir belt 

At one time, it was assumed these belts were covered in bits and pieces from the enemy combatants that the owner had killed(thus the name "Hate Belts"), and this may once have actually been more fact than fiction, but once the public had a look at them and went nuts over them and wanted one for themselves, they began to be put together by guys like Flayderman and many others, to be sold to the public. The vast majority of these belts in collections today were assembled by outfits like these guys. And, as Rob said, they are all different and endlessly fascinating in any case! Very cool things and a simple and easy way to display your curios in a nice small package!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."