Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Help needed with ID 3 German buckles: TMH? / Gott mit uns / casle buckle. ??

Article about: Hi Guys I found a banana box full of German buckles and belts, now I'm not a belt collector (yet). I were able to sort out the regulair belts like sa/dj/hj/rad/daf/police/marine and many mor

?

Question Help needed with ID 3 German buckles: TMH? / Gott mit uns / casle buckle. ??

Hi Guys

I found a banana box full of German buckles and belts, now I'm not a belt collector (yet). I were able to sort out the regulair belts like sa/dj/hj/rad/daf/police/marine and many more.

But I can't find any info about the 3 following buckles. Any help is apreciated

Best regards Tommy
    us1945@hotmail.com

#1 nice buckle, but I can't find out to what unit it belonged.

Help needed with  ID  3 German  buckles: TMH? /  Gott mit uns / casle buckle. ??Help needed with  ID  3 German  buckles: TMH? /  Gott mit uns / casle buckle. ??Help needed with  ID  3 German  buckles: TMH? /  Gott mit uns / casle buckle. ??Help needed with  ID  3 German  buckles: TMH? /  Gott mit uns / casle buckle. ??

#2 The Gott Mit uns apears to be WWI, but it's different?

Help needed with  ID  3 German  buckles: TMH? /  Gott mit uns / casle buckle. ??Help needed with  ID  3 German  buckles: TMH? /  Gott mit uns / casle buckle. ??

#3 A very nice buckle with a castle?

Help needed with  ID  3 German  buckles: TMH? /  Gott mit uns / casle buckle. ??Help needed with  ID  3 German  buckles: TMH? /  Gott mit uns / casle buckle. ??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help needed with  ID  3 German  buckles: TMH? /  Gott mit uns / casle buckle. ??
    P
    Many

Default Re: Help needed with ID 3 German buckles: TMH? / Gott mit uns / casle buckle. ??

# 1 is upside down: It's not "TMH", but "THW". This is a buckle for the Technisches Hilfswerk (= the federal Technical Emergency Corps), i.e. the post-war equivalent to the Technische Nothilfe.
    Technisches Hilfswerk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

# 2 shows the coat-of-arms of the Rhineland:
    http://www.jennes-und-kluettermann.d...8/JPG/4609.jpg

# 3 shows the city coat-of-arms ot the City of Hamburg:
    Flaggen und Wappen - Stadt Hamburg

I think that ## 2 and 3 are post-war Police or Fire Department Buckles, but this is not my area of expertise.

?

Default Re: Help needed with ID 3 German buckles: TMH? / Gott mit uns / casle buckle. ??

Thank you for your information. I quess they have no collector value?

Cheers Tommy
    us1945@hotmail.com

Tommy, they have a value but not great, most guys want period TR buckles, there is not a vast market for post war ones, which is a shame as some are very interesting!
    Ben

Ben hit the nail on the head! I have buckles 2 and 3 that you have posted as I collect German buckles from all eras (though I do try and stick with ww1 and ww2). The last buckle that you have shown could be a TR perdiod Fire Dept. buckle from Hamburg. Construction looks good. The second buckle shown is a police buckle that was used most probably right after ww2. I like all of them. I've never seen the first buckle before....I find that one quite interesting!

Rob

I might be way off here, but isn't the first one the Munich castle? Looks either familiar, or similar

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    I might be way off here, but isn't the first one the Munich castle?
    Sorry, but most definitely not. It's Hamburg. Please compare:
    Munich
    Landeswappen Hamburgs

Thanks I'll admit it was a guess

?

Guys, thank you for your help. I just listed them on ebay for low starting prices.

us1945 items - Get great deals on Collectibles items on eBay.com!

Best regards Tommy