Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help needed identifying buckle and confirming authenticity

Article about: Hi all. I just acquired this unusual buckle over the weekend.Spent several hours on net trying to find out more, sadly no luck.I think it my be similar to a Postschuts buckle Any ideas I've

?

Default Help needed identifying buckle and confirming authenticity

Hi all.
    I just acquired this unusual buckle over the weekend.Spent several hours on net trying to find out more, sadly no luck.I think it my be similar to a Postschuts buckle
    Any ideas
    I've got a feeling that it's a wrong un.Your thoughts and comments please
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help needed identifying buckle and confirming authenticity   Help needed identifying buckle and confirming authenticity  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help needed identifying buckle and confirming authenticity
    P
    Many

?

Unfortunately, you're right to be suspicious. This is a fantasy buckles produced some time in the 1960s or '70s. The design is based on the Prussian-style eagle, which was never used on a buckle of this type.

?

For the record, the only rectangular box buckle to use this style eagle was the one used for the mining bureau, like the one seen here:

The Collector's Guild

Help needed identifying buckle and confirming authenticity

?

Many thanks guys for the quick response and definitive answers.I can now return this item without a heavy heart.

Indeed a fake buckle, if you have a look through the rouges gallery you will find a few in there
    Ben