Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home from Sea to presents

Article about: Back from sea to latest arrivals. Just glad the missus never opened them all

?

Default Home from Sea to presents

Back from sea to latest arrivals. Just glad the missus never opened them all
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Home from Sea to presents   Home from Sea to presents  

Home from Sea to presents   Home from Sea to presents  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Home from Sea to presents
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

A nice gift to come home to!

I'm not a buckle guy but they all look good to the uneducated eye!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Nice buckles

?

Great feeling to come home and open packages of buckles !!
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

All of them are nice but the all gold full size DJ is a hard one to fine. They are usually silver with a gold rune and I have a all silver version. Love to add a all brass one to my collection.

Quote by kirby View Post
    ...but the all gold full size DJ is a hard one to find. They are usually silver with a gold rune...
    Dear Allan,

To me, your DJ buckle looks as though the once nickle silver (or whatever) plating has been stripped off, resulting in an "all brass" effect. Perhaps it is my monitor, however I am sure that I can see traces of the original finish. Also, the heavy scratch marks to parts of the buckle, suggest a mechanical rather than natural removal of the original plating.

Just wondered, as an "all brass" DJ buckle is extremely rare.

Regards and best wishes,

David

?

Quote by David North View Post
    Dear Allan,

To me, your DJ buckle looks as though the once nickle silver (or whatever) plating has been stripped off, resulting in an "all brass" effect. Perhaps it is my monitor, however I am sure that I can see traces of the original finish. Also, the heavy scratch marks to parts of the buckle, suggest a mechanical rather than natural removal of the original plating.

Just wondered, as an "all brass" DJ buckle is extremely rare.

Regards and best wishes,

David
    Hopefully Allan can post some more detailed photos. Chad Williams collection thread shows a couple that might be all brass.

All the best
    Kirby

I need to start going to sea!!!! nice buckles
    Ben

Quote by kirby View Post
    ...Hopefully Allan can post some more detailed photos. Chad Williams collection thread shows a couple that might be all brass...
    Dear Kirby,

I think and with all due respect, there is really no reason whatsoever for Allan to post additional images of the subject DJ buckle. For myself, I was merely interested in your response as "...the all gold full size DJ is a hard one to find...". For me, the subject DJ buckle appears to be brass (gold) based, then as anticipated, originally enjoying the benefit of a "white" plating, albeit now with the latter having been removed.

As a side note, I have over the years seen only 2 or 3 DJ buckles with a stark brass finish where this configuration is possibly as produced and as how, it left the factory or wherever. Extremely rare and desirable by any collectors definition and as such, the reason why I chased up on Allan's buckle.

Regards and best wishes,

David

Post Scriptum - I have sent you a WRF PM with regard to our mutual friend.

Gents at work and not had much time to look at the DJ, has it been cleaned? Are there remains of the nickel around the runes and to the rear? Looks like to me a nickel over brass buckle?
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast