Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Identifying mystery leather belt - German Military?

Article about: Greetings forum, This belt is part of a group of war era items I have just received from Germany. My first Third Reich items! The belt would appear similar to an officers style but the buckl

Default French Enlisted Leather Belt

Greetings forum,

This belt is part of a group of war era items I have just received from Germany. My first Third Reich items!
    The belt would appear similar to an officers style but the buckle is wrong - Is this a civilian belt or been re-buckled?
    Can anyone make out the circular marking?

Many thanks in advance for any assistance here
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identifying mystery leather belt - German Military?   Identifying mystery leather belt - German Military?  

Identifying mystery leather belt - German Military?   Identifying mystery leather belt - German Military?  

Identifying mystery leather belt - German Military?   Identifying mystery leather belt - German Military?  

Last edited by christek; 09-29-2015 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Not a German item

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Identifying mystery leather belt - German Military?
    P
    Many

?

hello
    french belt
    cordially
    Didier

Like a kid in a candy store, I love it! Keep up the enthusiasm. Motivation is key to finding the good stuff. Besides, theres nothing wrong with a French belt. Wasn't used very long and therefore in good shape. Happy hunting!

Quote by General von poopypants View Post
    Like a kid in a candy store, I love it! Keep up the enthusiasm. Motivation is key to finding the good stuff. Besides, theres nothing wrong with a French belt. Wasn't used very long and therefore in good shape. Happy hunting!
    Many thanks for the replies bichon and GVPP! After the information provided, I believe the belt is an M1935 French enlisted belt - A neat thing to have! It may even open the door to more French items!

I have re-named the post and it can be moved to the Allies forum if this suits - Many thanks.
    Last edited by christek; 09-30-2015 at 08:57 AM.

?

hello
    M1903-14 used in WW1 and WW2 and after.....
    I can read 2 8 31, so august 2nd 1931
    cordially
    Didier

Great information - Many thanks bichon!

Nice-looking Equipment Group you've scored there, well done for your first 3rd Reich Items, Chris!
    That's a solid, well-constructed heavy-duty leather equipment belt, keep in mind that the Germans made extensive use of captured French Military Material/Hardware...I'm reading the OKW War Diaries and I've read that many units, especially Fortress-Troops and 2nd Line Troops stationed in France were issued captured French Equipment...Thanks to Bichon for the info as well...
    cheers, Glenn

Thumbs up

Good point Glenn, very interesting and something I had not considered. I had known that the Germans used a lot of captured French tanks and vehicles during WWII, (even the completely obsolete FT-17 tank). I had not considered the usage of equipment such as this - But why not? The French were equipped with decent gear - Poor tactics perhaps but poor gear was certainly not the reason for their quick defeat in 1940. Cheers mate
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identifying mystery leather belt - German Military?