MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ID'ing Belt and buckle

Article about: I'd appreciate any comments on this belt and buckle. May be a duplicate post--sorry. could not find my first post.

Default ID'ing Belt and buckle

I'd appreciate any comments on this belt and buckle. May be a duplicate post--sorry. could not find my first post.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ID'ing Belt and buckle   ID'ing Belt and buckle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ID'ing Belt and buckle
    P
    Many

Hello bbirder welcome to the forum. It s a nsdap leader s belt and buckle at a glance both look ok. It would be nice to see pictures of the back of the buckle to tell for sure though. Best regards.

Brian

?

Political leaders belt and buckle. The RZM m4 on the back will let us know the manufacturer. Belt looks nice but the buckle has lost most of the gold finish.

Thanks for the response Brian. Give me a few and I'll post those pics.

Quote by bbirder View Post
    Thanks for the response Brian. Give me a few and I'll post those pics.
    Yes please do when time permits. If Kirby says the buckles good you can take it to the bank he s right. But it d still be nice for reference purpose.,

Brian

Sorry for delay. Thought they went and had to reload. I don't see any evidence that the buckle ever had gold on it, but the part that the belt slides thru is plated and seems to have good coverage.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ID'ing Belt and buckle   ID'ing Belt and buckle  

ID'ing Belt and buckle   ID'ing Belt and buckle  

ID'ing Belt and buckle  

Yup! A good one indeed. Nice pick up congrats.

Brian

For comparison

ID'ing Belt and buckleID'ing Belt and buckleID'ing Belt and buckleID'ing Belt and buckle

Best regards

Brian

Thanks for the comparison pics Brian! Should a buckle be polished or left as is. Seems like some of them really shine even tho aluminum or pot metal.

I think I speak for the majority of us when I say items are best left untouched. It ruins the patina and in a lot of cases the finer details of the piece. Of course others may have other opinions but it's my two cents.Best regards.

Brian
    Last edited by bsiwula1; 10-24-2017 at 12:53 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast