Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

ID'ing Belt and buckle

Article about: I'd appreciate any comments on this belt and buckle. May be a duplicate post--sorry. could not find my first post.

?

No point in polishing pot metal. These war time buckles were painted gold but the they lose their finish quickly.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ID'ing Belt and buckle
    P
    Many

Any idea on value with the belt or separately?

Quote by bbirder View Post
    Any idea on value with the belt or separately?
    Hey bbirder. My apologies in advance, as a rule we don't give evaluations, as we are collectors for the most part and not dealers I doubt any price we could give would be accurate market value. You can check dealer sites for price comparison and subtract 15 to 20 percent I would estimate for a collector to collector value. Some reputable sites would include the ruptured duck, Lakeside Trader, collectors guild, German war booty, Wittman's Militaria. to name a few. Of course please feel free to post other items for discussion and I would also note there is a classifieds section here on the forum where items can be sold as well. Ebay is a no go as any item with a swastika will be removed due to their offensive symbol policy. Kindest regards.

Brian

Brian,
    Thanks for your continued posts. I very much appreciate your responses as well as others. I can understand where you come from as collectors. I do not want to step on any toes and after I determine an asking price I hope to advertise on this site so that some of you who appreciate these items more than I can have a chance at them. This site seems to have provided me with way more info than I have been able to find in all my surfing. I do plan to contribute to the site.

Quote by bbirder View Post
    Brian,
    Thanks for your continued posts. I very much appreciate your responses as well as others. I can understand where you come from as collectors. I do not want to step on any toes and after I determine an asking price I hope to advertise on this site so that some of you who appreciate these items more than I can have a chance at them. This site seems to have provided me with way more info than I have been able to find in all my surfing. I do plan to contribute to the site.
    Thank you for the thanks. Far too often they are not returned by folks who just pop in. It's great to see items and being able to help people out and learn at the same time. I think it s safe to say we all appreciate your sentiments and look forward to seeing what else you have. The helmets will be of particular interest to our tinpot guys they ve been jonesing for some out of the woodwork lids. And we have some of the best guys to help out David Leon and Dan amongst others. I think you will find folks here quite hospitable and eager to help. Kindest regards.

Brian

?

It is a good idea to check out several dealers to get an idea about pricing. One good source is eMedals. Go to the Archive, Europe, Germany, Belts and Buckles, Political and SA. They have about 1200 Buckles in their archives from the last few years.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2