Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Just bought this lot, anything of interest here?

Article about: by BenVK I'm looking for an original double claw Officers brown belt for display and was rather shocked at the prices of such things. So anyway, I spotted all this lot, 6 in total, for sale

Quote by BenVK View Post
    I'm looking for an original double claw Officers brown belt for display and was rather shocked at the prices of such things.

So anyway, I spotted all this lot, 6 in total, for sale and bought them for about 70 quid.
    My reasoning being that you simply can't buy quality leather belts for less in the shops these days.
    I'll wear them with my jeans if none are original, they're all pretty cool looking.
    Quote by BenVK View Post
    Got that from WAF.

What a boring forum.

Is this the most input that anyone can offer on belts?
    BenVK..slow down a bit...what you found is what you liked...I did not see any questions that needed answering....as you stated in your first post..you liked them and you will wear them. That summed up the thread! Ben pointed out they were Bulgarian...but the bottom line is you like them...maybe Im confused and dont know the point your trying to make...but still sounds you like what you acquired because of the leather. I hope this thread doesnt turn into something it should not. Take it easy Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Just bought this lot, anything of interest here?
    P
    Many

I can, with all due humility, say that I do not have more knowledge on belts than you do, Ben! But, as for the 2 with the brass star buckles, they are definitely 1950's era Bulgarian NCO belts, as shown in the link posted by Paul in #11. I can't really comment on the others, as they could be just about anything. Do they have any markings?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Right gents this thread is going no where so it is now closed
    Ben

Thread re opened for BenVK
    Ben

?

Thank you Ben, appreciate your understanding.

So, as I understand it, all 6 belts are post war Eastern European belts?

My GF is from Lithuania, she doesn't recognise these buckles as Soviet and she should know, one broke her nose in the 1980'.s

I see neither a picture or link posted in the first post?
    Can pictures be added so we can discuss?

?

I could post the pictures again but I think we're done here, agreed Ben?

If you want Ben, I have tried to find pics of post war Bulgarian guys in uniform but theres no reference to them. I presume at that time they were ate up by the Russian Army and probably issued some form of uniform to conform with the Russians but had their own identity as in cap badge and belt buckle, again very hard to get referencing material
    Ben

?

Happy to do some research my self into the subject, thanks Ben.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Happy to do some research my self into the subject, thanks Ben.
    Ben

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast