Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kampfzeit buckle

Article about: Hello I have got this "presumed" Kampfzeit buckle, I have good feelings about it, but I know that these buckles are a minefield and your opinions are welcome Thanks Iván More pics

Default Kampfzeit buckle

Hello
    I have got this "presumed" Kampfzeit buckle, I have good feelings about it, but I know that these buckles are a minefield and your opinions are welcome
    Thanks
    Iván

Kampfzeit buckle

Kampfzeit buckle

Kampfzeit buckle

Kampfzeit buckle

Kampfzeit buckle

More pics

Kampfzeit buckle

Kampfzeit buckle

Kampfzeit buckle

Kampfzeit buckle

Kampfzeit buckle

Kampfzeit buckle

Kampfzeit buckle

Kampfzeit buckle

Kampfzeit buckle
    Last edited by ivanjoaquin; 07-25-2014 at 10:03 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kampfzeit buckle
    P
    Many

Dear Ivan

Indeed, a veritable minefield, however we do not see as many of these full face swastika Kampfzeit buckles as good, bad or indifferent as compared from a few years ago.

I have 2 of these buckles in my collection to include the supposedly definitive D & S marked example and I am still and after all theses years, unsure about both.

The one that you have shown is interesting and I do so like the four corner solder points, as per the few D & S examples known. The D & S examples to my knowledge do not have the central solder points and in addition, they display a different type of catch.

Having said that, this is a Kampfzeit buckle for goodness sake, produced during a period of near chaos and were almost anything was possible. No rules, regulations or RZM!

This is I think a buckle which has to be looked at subjectively and with the heart, rather than with ones head.

Not one for me and on primarily the two points of (1) what I think are faux corner solder spots and (2), black paint showing signs of artificial rather than natural wear.

Regards,

David

Dear Iván

Here are images of my "D & S" Kampfzeit that was mentioned.

Sorry that I cannot add anything else to my original post and again, these buckles which are a particular favourite of mine are the Devils Own to identify as whether being manufactured in 1924/1925, or not.

Regards,

David

Dear David
    Thank you very much for your always expert opinion and as usual you're right, I know very well your magnificent buckles, I've been studying for a long time in old threads and differ with mine at the points you mentioned, only I have the consolation that may be an artesanal buckle made in a small cottage workshop, the leather tab, stitch, patina, smell... seem to indicate that it is an old buckle, but....
    Best regards
    Iván

?

Have you ever come across one of these with the area around the swastika is cutout.. A dealer at the SOS has one price a $1100. To questionable to spend that much. A friend picked up an identical buckle early this year for under $100.

Hi Ivan, I have never had one of these and to be honest dont know much about them
    Ben

?

I will have to take some photos at the 15 SOS. He has had the buckle at the last 4-5 shows.

Thanks for your help!
    Best regards
    Iván

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast