Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Koppelschloss Collection Display/Storage: Examples, Ideas & Opinions

Article about: Hi , I got mine at company auctions . They were closing or down sizing and sold off there surplus . They are all different sizes and could have any number of drawers , I have some that have

?

Default Re: Koppelschloss Collection Display/Storage: Examples, Ideas & Opinions

Hi , I got mine at company auctions . They were closing or down sizing and sold off there surplus . They are all different sizes and could have any number of drawers , I have some that have 4, 6 , 10 and 17 drawers . The ones pictured has 17 drawers that are 18" X 30" X 1 1/4" and the one under it has 4 drawers that are 24" X 37" X 3" . The better ones have ball bearing rollers and others just slide on a metal support . I think the most I paid for mine was $50 US . I have seen these sell for $200 or more . Now I sandblasted and repianted the ones shown , others I have just needed cleaned and or just some minor work . How many buckles could you get in a drawer 18" X 30" X 1" ? I put the few I have in one of the 1 1/4" drawers . I removed the belts from a few . Then there are the ones with the belts you would need some with deeper drawers for these . I put acid free tissue and milar (Not sure of the spelling ) in the bottom to help protect my paper and fabrick items . Hope this helps .
    Dave
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Koppelschloss Collection Display/Storage: Examples, Ideas & Opinions   Koppelschloss Collection Display/Storage: Examples, Ideas & Opinions  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Koppelschloss Collection Display/Storage: Examples, Ideas & Opinions
    P
    Many

Default Re: Koppelschloss Collection Display/Storage: Examples, Ideas & Opinions

Yeah man - that is way cool! I would love to have something like that! I'll certainly have to keep my eyes open for these "blueprint cases"....You can fit in a "whack" o' buckles for sure!
    Looks awesome! Thanks for the info Dave!

Rob

My places ,depots to getaway the chaos .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Koppelschloss Collection Display/Storage: Examples, Ideas & Opinions   Koppelschloss Collection Display/Storage: Examples, Ideas & Opinions  

Koppelschloss Collection Display/Storage: Examples, Ideas & Opinions  

i just started crying

Nice! (not the crying - the buckles! )

Rob

Hey, all. Thanks for the replies and sharing...very cool stuff and some good ideas! When I figure out what I am going to do and get some time to work on displaying, I'll share some photos.

Best,
    Adam

work on displaying, I'll share some photos
    Adam we all count the hours untill you start posting those buckles

Jean

Hi,

here my little vitrine. My camera is brocken and the other one have a bad resolution

Best,
    Sascha

Koppelschloss Collection Display/Storage: Examples, Ideas & Opinions   Koppelschloss Collection Display/Storage: Examples, Ideas & Opinions  

Default Storage

This is the system that I am striving for, although I am slightly embarrassed to confirm that I still hold buckles in shoe boxes.

Regards,

David

Thanks for sharing those photos, David and impressive storage solutions! May I ask where you obtained the smaller, lockable drawer cabinets? I think that size/type might work out well for me for storage when my collection gets a little bigger.

Best,
    Adam

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast