Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Koppelschloss Collection Display/Storage: Examples, Ideas & Opinions

Article about: Hi , I got mine at company auctions . They were closing or down sizing and sold off there surplus . They are all different sizes and could have any number of drawers , I have some that have

?

Default Re: Koppelschloss Collection Display/Storage: Examples, Ideas & Opinions

As much as these beautiful cabinets seem to be perfect for a large buckle collection... just like a museum in fact... I still can't help feeling that it's such a shame to have everything locked away and out of sight in drawers. I know that a large collection is difficult to have on show full-time and these small cabinets are pretty neat but, even so... for me personally I just can't imagine that every now and then I would open a drawer, look at at its contents, sigh with pleasure, and then close it away again... there just has to be a better way than that.... the problem is finding it! I'm doing a lot of searching and asking around and if I ever find the perfect solution I'll be sure to post it here... nice new look to the forum by the way!! Cheers... Hansi

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Koppelschloss Collection Display/Storage: Examples, Ideas & Opinions
    P
    Many

Default Re: Koppelschloss Collection Display/Storage: Examples, Ideas & Opinions

Adam

Here is a link to a slightly smaller and non lockable version of the black cabinet that you mentioned. It is apparently a "letter case" and I am sure that you will be able to source these or those jolly similar in the US.

Letter Case [142204 011400 ] - RM75.00 : BanHoh.com, Online Order Stationery Supply,Malaysia stationery supply

By the way, price is in RM (Malaysian Ringgit - I think) and 1 RM = USD 0.32

Regards,

David

?

This letter case one can buy here in Australia very cheaply, in large hardware stores like 'Bunnings'... the equivalent would be 'Homebase' or 'B&Q' in the UK... but they are a bit cheap and nasty to be honest. Cheers... Hansi

Dear Hansi

"...but they are a bit cheap and nasty to be honest..."

Indeed and I totally agree.

If however the collector is looking for a hand carved and monogrammed ebony cabinet, inlaid with old choice ivory or mother of pearl and and then hand finished whilst firmly gripped within the inner thighs of Nubian Maidens, then so be it, however a buckle display cabinet at a price. For non display purposes, I have found these cheap and nasty letter cases to be quite "fit for purpose". No more and no less. As mentioned before Hansi, part of my storage system still involves shoe boxes.

On a purely personal and subjective basis, I do not like "display".

Regards,

David

?

Actually David... for people who collect small items (like buckles) but feel no great desire to actually display their collection, I think slightly better than the cheap & nasty plastic drawers would be something like the small metal drawer sets that ikea sell under 'office furniture'. They're strong and secure and relatively cheap in price but have a certain quality about them... and maybe they've even possibly been gripped within the inner thighs of Swedish maidens... if you're lucky! Cheers... John

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3