Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Krit belt buckle

Article about: I know its not german but have you guys ever seen one before. Sorry this is the only photo I have . Thanks Gary

?

Default Krit belt buckle

I know its not german but have you guys ever seen one before. Sorry this is the only photo I have . Thanks Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Krit belt buckle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Krit belt buckle
    P
    Many

A new one on me too.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Never seen one, maybe a post war group or something like that?
    Ben

?

There were a couple of pre ww2 factories/ companies that used the swas in US. So in my opinion this is made around 1930s judging from the similarity in colors etc with NSDAPs badge.

?

A mere google search... KRIT Motor Co. Detroit Mi. started 1909 ceased business 1916
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Krit belt buckle  
    Attached Images Attached Images Krit belt buckle 
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

So adolf/pals maybe saw this old badge in one of their meetingplaces and copied its design.

Interesting info and so early!
    Ben

Never heard of this company but it doesn't surprise me. We forget these days (if we ever knew) that the swastika symbol was quite popular particularly in Europe from around about 1900. It was an exotic symbol with links to the East and connotations of good luck. Of course by the mid 1930's it started to go out of fashion (with many) as the Nazi's had taken posession of the symbol. But certainly in the World War 1 era the symbol turns up on a lot of objects with no connection to the Nazi party. These will often be sold as a Nazi era object when they are not at all.