Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Leather Belts and who would have used them

Article about: I doubt very much 45 would be the year of make, leather like this in 45 would have been like rocking horse crap the 33 would be the size

Default Re: Wow, what have I found here?

It is for NSDAP, SA, NSKK, PL

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Leather Belts and who would have used them
    P
    Many

?

There a hundreds of organizations who can wore this belt by RZM, for example Turnerbund, HJ etc
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Gents just had a email from Peter Nash in ref to this he was saying that this subject is massive and he could write a book just on this subject. He also said that the regulations were not strictly adhered to. I will send a PM to Wim Saris and see if he can find anything in his archives he has access to original documents watch this space!
    Ben

I want to show you a similar piece

It is not in good condition....

And inside :

All is coming from Alsace

Gents, just got a reply from Wim:

this information surely is told about in the regulations, as published in the "Verordnungsblatt der Oberste SA-Führung", the NSKK "Verordnungsblatt",
    as well as the "Amtliches Nachrichtenblatt der DAF", "Mitteilungsblatt der RZM" and other uniform-regulations.
    Normally I would jump in to give you an answer, but the coming months I am extremely busy with getting done my book about railroad eagles, which I
    should have done in March/April next to send it to the publisher. As I am behind scedule for four/five months now I do need all my time available.

Sorry. Remind me later this year. Largely 45.0 mm brown is for enlisted SA, black for NSKK and Werkschar. The larger double-claws are for leaders, but I do not know out of heart if that is specified as that. 60.0 mm on a brown belt with golden colored double-claw is for political leaders since 1939. I know that during the war their belts should become smaller, due to the raw materials situation.

Best regards,
    Wim
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    This is a nice army officers zweidorn belt. The Croupon mark indicates a high grade leather leather so belt will be an earlier made piece. Nice original belt nothing rare like that site says, sites will say a lot of things to bump up the price ie DAK Heer buckle just because the paint is a little lighter then bang on an extra $100!!!! Overall nice find

- - Updated - -

Just of note there is a good thread on belts like this I will find it and post the link in here
    Thx Ben ;-)

Yeah, the quality of the leather is outstanding, not to mention the condition... it is a full 1/16" thick, amazing belt really.

I have owned various belts with Croupon markings the quality of the leather has always been fantastic
    Ben

Incidentally, "Croupon" means exactly the same thing as "Kernstück" (the marking seen in post # 13): It's the leather from the back of the animal, which has the toughest structure and highest strength.

Many thanks for that I never knew where the leather came from on the animal
    Ben

How very interesting, but is it French... for Kernstuck? And what does 256 denote?

Also, the "45" which I'd guessed to be a date, means? Maker?

And the 33 towards the end of the leather, any ides?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast