Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

A little help please ?

Article about: Someone came along with these 2 buckles and i searched them up and i have found almost nothing. i have seen somewhere that they were made around 1930. But i thought i should ask you guys. so

?

Default A little help please ?

Someone came along with these 2 buckles and i searched them up and i have found almost nothing. i have seen somewhere that they were made around 1930. But i thought i should ask you guys. so please any info would be great. And what amount would you pay for each one ? ... Thanks a lot.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A little help please ?   A little help please ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A little help please ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: A little help please ?

Hello Adept

You need to be a little careful with these two buckles.

As you probably already know, they are both "Guild" related, with the first one being Stone Mason associated and the second one being Master Roofer associated.

The problem is that the buckles in one form or another have been manufactured and worn throughout the whole of the twentieth century and can be still bought brand spanking new today.

Your buckles are certainly "original", although to have a guess at the date, I for one would like to see some images of the reverse to each. The type and pattern of wear on the obverse box and roundels certainly suggest for the moment at least, that these buckles are reasonably old.

Reverse images would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

David

I have a stone mason guild buckle with three solder points. I purchased it as a postwar example. I'm pretty sure all of them with the three solder points are postwar!
    Pics of the back of yours would most certainly help!
    Rob

Image taken from a current, on line German catalogue.

Regards,

David

?

i managed to get these pictures from the seller.
    but looking at these and from the help of your posts they don't look so 1930's to me
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A little help please ?   A little help please ?  

Even though the reverse image shown is somewhat blurred, this one buckle at least, still seems to be a post 1945 type. There are features here that I would not expect to see on a pre 1945 Guild buckle and also, I do not like the hook to the strap.

Here is another post 1945 Guild buckle and which is carpentry or cabinet making related.

Regards,

David

?

well thank you david and lach470 for your help. it is nice to learn some new things.

?

Quote by Adept View Post
    ... And what amount would you pay for each one ? ...
    David is right, most probably post war buckles and still in use by craftsmen. I see them every day here in Germany when I visit several construction sites.
    I personally think they are not worth to collect, but if you want such buckles, buy new ones!

Regards,
    Guido

?

Quote by Guido View Post
    David is right, most probably post war buckles and still in use by craftsmen. I see them every day here in Germany when I visit several construction sites.
    I personally think they are not worth to collect, but if you want such buckles, buy new ones!

Regards,
    Guido
    i was just asking about them because the seller came with a very good offer, and i thought i would ask you guys first about them, but after you presented all of these details, i shall refuse his offer.