Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Long time coming! NPEA Studentbund buckle

Article about: great buckle,,,found mine at a garage sale over 35 years ago,,,wish i still had it,,,,

Default Re: Long time coming! NPEA Studentbund buckle

great buckle,,,found mine at a garage sale over 35 years ago,,,wish i still had it,,,,

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Long time coming! NPEA Studentbund buckle
    P
    Many

Garage sale! That would be quite the find! Glad you guys like it.
    Kirby: not really sure now what is number 1 on my hit list....That is a very good question! I'll really have to think that one over!
    Cheers!
    Rob

rob a sweet piece, just seen a pic of a couple of n.p.e.a leaders wearing this buckle very nice, and cheers to you and david for the maker info good to know

Thanks Ewan! Glad you like it! It took some time - but it's been well worth it! Where did you see that pic? I've been trying to locate some period pics of this buckle in wear. Can you post it here? Or send me a PM? I'd love to see it!
    Cheers!
    Rob

hey rob, its over at the hj reasearch somewhare ither there or waf but it was not that long ago i seen it, i will find it and send you a link

That would be sah-weet buddy! Thanks! If anyone has period pics of these buckles in wear - please feel free to post them. I'd love to see them!
    Thanks again!
    Rob

hey stumbled across one of these today. was in the process of kooking it up.it should be in. in a few days. when i get it, will post. so you all can tell me what you think. did not realize they were rare. this one came from a ww2 am sailors estate.post soon

Sounds promising! Need to be careful with these as there are good reproductions out there....but yours seems to have good provenance! Good luck!

Rob

hey rob, i have a guestion for you. i was trying to look up examples on these, and this one (the one that i bought) has a different catch. the ones shown on this tread seams to be solid. i went to synders treasures. he has 2 for sale and the catch looks like the ones that he has for sale.did they make these buckles w/a catch that was not solid.i was looking at the buckle and it seams to be well made and has wear spots on the eagles chest area. there are no makers mark that i can see.i purchased a few things from him already and the things that i have gotten are all good.. if you could give me a little insight on this would be appreciated. also are you familier w/any ss pocket knives that were made. he has one that has a engraved swastica in the center of the main blade and hitler signature and two words wriiten on it. has total of 3 blades and swastica engraved on rissco of small blade. and all 3 blades seam to have a nice graying color too them.the outside of the knife has the ss and the swastica on it w/some engraving.was looking for examples on the forum and had no luck.thanks deadeye

Yiiiiikes....it doesn't sound good for the buckle! Only Richard Sieper and Son had the contract to make these buckles and ALL of them have this cast belt catch like mine that is shown. ALL of the buckles are also marked - though there are two variants when it comes to the maker mark. Unfortunately, the buckle you have described sounds like a reproduction and I would certainly pass on it! Pics would certainly help - but it doesn't sound good!! Sorry about that!
    As for the knife....it also sounds bogus....I have NEVER seen a knife like that - sounds more like a fantasy piece to me than anything that ever existed.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news....but I would certainly pass on the buckle as well as this supposed SS pocket knife.
    Sorry!

Rob

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast