Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Maker Profiles

Article about: by Ben Evans Hi Alan and welcome to the forum, I am hoping to help beginners really learn the basics on what to look for, the pitfalls and fakes and hopefully pass on as much as I can and en

?

Default Re: Maker Profiles

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Hi Alan and welcome to the forum, I am hoping to help beginners really learn the basics on what to look for, the pitfalls and fakes and hopefully pass on as much as I can and encourage guys to collect buckles, this hobby has such diversity it is unreal and best of all affordable
    Thanks for the welcome Ben , yes its a minefield out there so it`s great to have back up and references !! i`ve been into daggers , swords and bayo`s and am green as grass on buckles , and as you mention with the economics at present i need to tone down the outgoings a bit , but i still need my fix !!!! , and the buckles look nice and a bit more affordable!! I have a japanese officers sword belt and buckle , and that can be my starting point to expand .
    cheers Alan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Maker Profiles
    P
    Many

FAO
    ?

Great post Ben. I'm brand new to the forum, having just found some WWII vet bringbacks in my dad's attic. One of the objects is a really nice condition belt buckle- its what I understand is the regular soldier buckle, green , with the eagle with claws on a swastika. The outside of the circle is flat. By your post, I recognize the makers mark of an intertwined G and C which I understand is Gustav Brehmer. I could not find a date. It is the buckle only. Can you give me any idea of the value of this buckle to a collector? I don't know how to put up a picture, but from pictures of other buckles I would say its at least in very good conditon if not better. The eagle and leaves are very distinct. Thanks.

Hello and welcome to the forum post the pics to me and I will start a thread for you ben.evans739@sky.com

Thanks
    Ben

FAO
    ?

Ben, thanks for the kind offer. I will attempt to take some good pics of the buckle and forward it to you.

Really interesting forum.

Steve

?

Great thread, it makes spotting fakes so much easier. Any more makers coming soon?

Default Re: Maker Profiles:

Hi guys, just to continue this thread here are three very similar makers, two of which I believed become one company at some point.

Schmole & Comp, Menden

J C Maedicke, Berlin

C W Motz, Brandenburg

Please note these are steel versions only, but I have only ever seen aluminium buckles by Schmole & Comp and at the moment never by Motz or Maedicke.

With these buckle the eagles head is very characteristic and there are no fakes out there as yet that has any features like any three of these buckles. When I look at them to me the eagles beak is elongated and droopy and the rear of the head seems to have a crest on it, to me once studied these buckles are quite easy to recognise, the first buckle pictured is Schmole & Comp these can come maker marked with what looks like a Xmas tree with a S & C with it and the year of manufacture.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Maker Profiles   Maker Profiles  

Maker Profiles   Maker Profiles  

Ben

Now for J C Maedicke and C W Motz, look at the ears at the rear, I dont know who supplied who but it is my opinion that these worked together or one got buckles from the other and attached there own tab but looking at the buckles and location to each other it is quite odd that the buckle are so similar (if not the same) We start with J C Maedicke, Berlin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Maker Profiles   Maker Profiles  

Maker Profiles   Maker Profiles  

Ben

Now C W Motz

Maker Profiles  
    Ben

All three together

Maker Profiles  
    Ben

Rear

Maker Profiles  
    Ben

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast