Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Museum quality repro's

Article about: I was searching some of the repo buckles companies today. I came across Reddick Militaria listing SS, Police, RAD, HJ Leader and Riechbann officers buckles as museum quality copies and they

?

Default Museum quality repro's

I was searching some of the repo buckles companies today. I came across Reddick Militaria listing SS, Police, RAD, HJ Leader and Riechbann officers buckles as museum quality copies and they are priced at $160. You can find originals of 3 of the 5 in that price range. These guy set up at the SOS so I'll have to check out these buckles out and see how close they are to the real thing. I can't see why anyone would pay this much for a copy, being sold as a copy.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Museum quality repro's
    P
    Many

Try and get some pictures Kirby if you can?
    Ben

?

I will try to get some photos. It is still a few months away.

I have viewed them on line and I get his catalog for books mainly they are high quality repo's but agree with Kirby almost priced as real ones. The SS officers are pretty easy they have the SS runes in a diamond and not a circle a clear red flag. There are some other flaws in them also. They are fun to look at timothy

$160???? I'm sure the reenactors won't pay that, who are they aimed at? Folk who are ageing and passing off as real? Would be good to see pics....

?

Here is some photos from the SOS. I sill don't know why they are asking $160. They aren't that good of a reproduction. I didn't bother looking at the backs, I could tell they were fakes.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Museum quality repro's   Museum quality repro's  

Too true Kirby, not that good and bloody expensive for a repro!
    Ben

How on earth can they financially justify manufacturing these? The only ones that have any chance of selling are the SS ones. Maybe they are aimed at museums that don't know the value of such items.

I can not imagine who their target sales market could be for $160 apiece for these poor fakes. The only Possible target would be to sell them to sellers of fakes to foist onto unsuspecting collectors after abit more of "aging" having been applied. For My view, the makers of these things are like coin and currency counterfeiters. These are not "replicas"...they are Intentional fakes and have no other purpose other than to be cheating naive and trusting collectors from their moneys.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."