Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

mystery buckle with 2 swastikas dated and faux skin, can anyone id it ??

Article about: hi there, not shure if this is the best place for this thread ,but was the nearest i could find,, can anyone id this buckle with two swastikas dated 1949 and fitted with faux snakeskin belt

Default Re: mystery buckle with 2 swastikas dated and faux skin, can anyone id it ??

The 1949 is probably not a date but rather an item number. The style of construction suggests a much earlier date than 1949-hence my guess at a possible luggage strap buckle useage. These buckles may also be missing the tongue-as can be seen by the small dent where it was supposed to rest. Almost certainly, the swastika is a lucky sign rather than a political symbol. By 1949, swastika's were not particularly welcome sights, but on a turn of the century piece of traveling luggage, a lucky sign would make perfect sense.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement mystery buckle with 2 swastikas dated and faux skin, can anyone id it ??
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: mystery buckle with 2 swastikas dated and faux skin, can anyone id it ??

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    The 1949 is probably not a date but rather an item number. The style of construction suggests a much earlier date than 1949-hence my guess at a possible luggage strap buckle useage. These buckles may also be missing the tongue-as can be seen by the small dent where it was supposed to rest. Almost certainly, the swastika is a lucky sign rather than a political symbol. By 1949, swastika's were not particularly welcome sights, but on a turn of the century piece of traveling luggage, a lucky sign would make perfect sense.
    ah, maybe! as it was in with some post cards from 1927, but what made me think it was a wartime piece,was a dagger handle in the box of things with it, that looks like some sort of nazi issue piece that has had the metal symbols taken out, i can post a pic of it later,
    but from everyones comments ,its not looking as interesting as i first thought,,

mpw
    ?

The 'Rd' embossed on the reverse is for 'registered' and the number is the registration number. I think looking at some lists 719492 is for non-textile produced between 1909 and 1950.

Mark.

?

wow, thanks,
    is there any way to find out who made it and where,
    and even if they made any items for military or political use ,,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2