Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

N.S. Studentenbund

Article about: Here are a few images of the NS-Studentenbund buckle. Like so many buckles, we are all very familiar with the quite striking design (not to my taste may I add), although know very little abo

Default N.S. Studentenbund

Here are a few images of the NS-Studentenbund buckle.

Like so many buckles, we are all very familiar with the quite striking design (not to my taste may I add), although know very little about the buckle itself.

Invariably seen in die stamped white aluminium with the obverse being factory finished with a silver grey lacquer. A constant obverse design by one maker and one maker only, with the only variation seen being toward the style and positioning of the makers marks.

Probably introduced around 1936 with a very limited distribution and furthermore, even though with the buckle was designated Studentenbund, it was possibly worn by members of both the NPEA (National Politische Erziehungs Ansalt) and the AHS (Adolf Hitler Schulen).

One minor note is that some reference works refer to this buckle as "2nd pattern". The so called "1st pattern" that they elude to (images attached) are actually early Hitler Jugend buckles.

Regards,

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement N.S. Studentenbund
    P
    Many

Default Re: N.S. Studentenbund

Great buckles David. The first example is my favorite - and yet it is one buckle that has eluded my collection for all these years. Just not having any luck finding one!!
    Thanks for posting them!

Rob

p38
    ?

hello

nice buckles !

I like the first Hj ones, but not in my collec

Here's my studendenbund but with the "small marking"

best
    Emmanuel

Very nice Emmanuel!! You guys are making me turn green with envy!

Rob

Emmanuel

Thankyou for showing "the other" NS-St.B.

Attached is a photo merge of the two styles of markings.

Regards,

David

Hello
    Still missing so called 1st type.
    However, Here are two regular ones bearing different m.m style.

Alex.
    Attached Images Attached Images N.S. Studentenbund  N.S. Studentenbund  N.S. Studentenbund  N.S. Studentenbund  N.S. Studentenbund  N.S. Studentenbund 

Thankyou Alex - the matching pair as they say, although of course the match, being to the obverse only. It is interesting to note that whilst the "female" die or tool is probably the same, there is a variation to the "male" die. At least, not only do we have a different style of makers mark, however there is detail and loss of detail to the reverse of the oak leaf frame or border.

Regards,

David

Compring the "big lettering" ( on the picture left ) with the "small lettering" ( on the picture right ) - buckle, we can see a different design of the eagles head, I just discovered. The left has a smaller beak... more like a boxer
    David, I think we have different tools for both variants.
    Have a look .
    Cheers
    Thomas
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture N.S. Studentenbund  

Ja stimmt die Schnabel
    Und die GHO Fälschung
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture N.S. Studentenbund   N.S. Studentenbund  

N.S. Studentenbund   N.S. Studentenbund  

N.S. Studentenbund   N.S. Studentenbund  

N.S. Studentenbund  

Fantastic buckles. This style has still eluded me!! GRRRR......I keep looking - just not finding!
    Great buckles......I love 'em!

Rob

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast