Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

New collector, best place to buy genuine buckles ?

Article about: Hi all, I'm new to the forum and have just started collecting German WWii items, I have a couple of compas boxes and an oil bottle from a rifle cleaning kit, but I fancy collecting some heer

?

Default New collector, best place to buy genuine buckles ?

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and have just started collecting German WWii items, I have a couple of compas boxes and an oil bottle from a rifle cleaning kit, but I fancy collecting some heer buckles. I have had a look at Malcolm Wagners site and his prices look reasonable, can anyone point me in the direction of other reliable sellers of genuine German gear, I am in the UK.

Thanks and great forum.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New collector, best place to buy genuine buckles ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: New collector, best place to buy genuine buckles ?

I don't know many UK dealers, but some good websites to check out for buckles are these:

Lakesidetrader | German Daggers & Military Collectables
    The Collector's Guild
    Time Traveler - German ww2 belts and buckles

Sconie, hello and a big welcome to the forum in ref to your question there are lots of dealers all over the world who sell good buckles but mainly in the US, UK and Germany. If you want more dealers sites send me a PM or an email and I will send you lots of links to good dealer sites, again before you buy post the buckle on here first for verification if unsure ben.evans739@sky.com
    Ben

?

Many thanks Ben, I will email you.

Also try www.German War Booty.comHis name is John and he has for sale a number of Heer and SS buckles.He has an archive of SS officer and em buckles you can study and its a fine site IMO.

?

Many thanks for the replies, great sites for info, although due to high import charges I will try and source a UK supplier in the first instance.

Cheers

Sconie, sent you an email
    Ben

?

Thanks guys, great links, if you forgive the military punn....it is a minefield out there, lots of dealers claiming 100% genuine when they are not, and don't get me started on ebay!, I am just a very green newbie and more used to watch collection, but I am amazed by the volume of german items out there, some still wrapped and unused.

I will initialy stick to USA sellers that others have used until I have the cofidence and knowledge to suss out the fakes.

Cheers