Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

New German Belts and Buckles

Article about: Hi everyone, just picked up these two belts today. They cost £75 each and I thought that was a good price considering the condition of the buckles. They are both unmarked. If anyone would be

Default New German Belts and Buckles

Hi everyone, just picked up these two belts today. They cost £75 each and I thought that was a good price considering the condition of the buckles. They are both unmarked. If anyone would be kind enough to confirm authenticity (my limited knowledge strongly suggests they are good) and date them for me that would be great. I can tell of course that I have an army and a Luftwaffe buckle and that the army one is of the parade type. Presumably it is therefore prewar. It is interesting to see an added clip on one of the belts. Any comments welcome. With thanks, Doug
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New German Belts and Buckles   New German Belts and Buckles  

New German Belts and Buckles   New German Belts and Buckles  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New German Belts and Buckles
    P
    Many

Doug, two nice belts and buckles, as you know Army (Heer) and Luftwaffe. The Heer is a two piece parade buckle, with the bent prongs probably Assmann made, the Luft also looks like it has bent prongs, can you check and post a pic if possible, here is another Assmann buckle with the "bent" prongs
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New German Belts and Buckles   New German Belts and Buckles  

Ben

Here is another two piece parade buckle like yours

Ben

Thanks for your expertise Ben. The Luft buckle does indeed have bent prongs.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New German Belts and Buckles  

Here is another example from the forum files to show you another Luft buckle with a tab
    Attached Images Attached Images New German Belts and Buckles  New German Belts and Buckles  New German Belts and Buckles  New German Belts and Buckles 
    Ben

?

Nice sets there

Jeff
    Last edited by weller; 10-22-2014 at 08:41 PM.

BTW Doug, good price for £75 each for belt and buckles
    Ben

Thanks for the comments. I have a few other questions,- were the parade buckles worn in combat? Is it historically authentic to have this buckle on a combat type belt? And would the Luft buckle originally have had a leather tab like the one Ben shows? Is the Luft buckle late war made? Many thanks.

Quote by douglas2496 View Post
    Thanks for the comments. I have a few other questions,- were the parade buckles worn in combat? Is it historically authentic to have this buckle on a combat type belt? And would the Luft buckle originally have had a leather tab like the one Ben shows? Is the Luft buckle late war made? Many thanks.
    Doug, the parade buckle would not normally be worn in combat, they are too flimsy and not really strong enough to bear the load of the equipment. It would have been worn with a parade type belt, have a read of this thread it might make things a bit clearer for you

Buckle and Belt characteristics, originals & fakes

I think that buckle you have is around 41-42 from how it is made and would probably have had a support tab IMO, but Assmann made that many who knows.This is the rear of a later made Luft buckle with the sharper prongs and thinner catch, does not the overall quality of the earlier buckles
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New German Belts and Buckles  
    Ben