Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Novice needing help determining authenticity...

Article about: I am a young collecter just starting out and I am interested in purchasing the following Belt buckles. The 1st 2 pictures are of what I have been told is a hitler youth belt buckle (molded t

Exclamation Novice needing help determining authenticity...

I am a young collecter just starting out and I am interested in purchasing the following Belt buckles. The 1st 2 pictures are of what I have been told is a hitler youth belt buckle (molded type and preferred by collectors.) 2nd 2 pictures down are what I have been told is an army belt buckle. The 3rd set and last 2 pictures are what I have been told is an SA buckle. Any help in determining authenticity would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Novice needing help determining authenticity...   Novice needing help determining authenticity...  

Novice needing help determining authenticity...   Novice needing help determining authenticity...  

Novice needing help determining authenticity...   Novice needing help determining authenticity...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Novice needing help determining authenticity...
    P
    Many

Default Re: Novice needing help determining authenticity...

Hello Adam

Welcome to the forum.

The first buckle is indeed HJ, however it is die stamped aluminium and not moulded. I have never heard before that this type of HJ is the most desirable! Is the pin shroud distorted or damaged and what is the M4/ number? A perfectly original HJ buckle though.

Have no clue whatsoever about the Wehrmacht-Heer buckle.

The final buckle is a quite original SA buckle. Not the most exciting SA, however still period and representative.

Regards,

David

Thanks for the help David! If you know anything about WWII German armbands and/or medals, I have posted pics of some that I am considering buying (supposedly out of a veteran's estate) in the appropriate forums and would greatly value your input...you seem to be quite knowledgable.

Best,
    Adam

Here is another HJ belt buckle that I was offered. Is this one genuine? How much is this worth/should I expect to pay?

Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Novice needing help determining authenticity...  
    Attached Images Attached Images Novice needing help determining authenticity...  Novice needing help determining authenticity... 

Adam

It would appear that your other and non belt buckle questions have been answered.

The HJ (M4/28 Paulmann und Crone, Lüdenscheid) is again, an original example.

As far as buying/selling values are concerned, for such a common buckle as the HJ, just trawl through a few of the dealer sites and you will be able to gauge a mean average price.

Regards,

David

All the buckles shown are legit. This last one that you have shown appears to be an earlier nickel or steel example. I think these are the more desirable HJ buckles...but that is just my opinion. Looks good! Might go around $75US to $80US I would think.
    Good luck and welcome to the wonderful world of German belt buckle collecting! There's nothing like it!!

Rob

Hi Adam and welcome the the forum, just to add, the Heer buckle is as stated by other quite original and made by G H Osang, have a look in the M4 makers list, you will find other examples in there
    Ben

Thanks so much for the help, David, Rob and Ben. Ben, where can I find the M4 maker's list you mention? Is it somewhere on this site? Do any of you know good books on German militaria (for belt buckles and in general) esp. in identifying authentic pieces?

Thanks,
    Adam

Hi Adam, the M4 list is pinned directly above this thread.

Cheers, Ade.

Yup....right here: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/belt-...m4-makers-250/

Also - in regards to books, there are no perfect examples. But - that said: the two best books to own when it comes to buckle collecting are Angolia's Brocades and belt buckles of the Third Rich as well as Nash's 1845-1947 German Belt buckles of the enlisted ranks.
    I think those are the two best reference books out there!
    Rob

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast