Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

NPEA Buckle Belt and Bayonet

Article about: I came across a NPEA student Buckle and a leather belt with a normal bayonet all attached together. I ended up buying it and have it at my house and I am currently away at work so I will get

Default Re: NPEA Buckle Belt and Bayonet

Ben, buckle is fine, I would the bayonet and frog are also fine, as to the belt it looks like a bodge job on some form of belt, would need better pics of that Ben to be honest, it that was mine the belt would be in the bin and I would honour the the buckle and bayonet with a decent belt

Cheers

- - Updated - -

BTW, keep away from Uncle Jack Daniels, he gives you a bad head
    Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NPEA Buckle Belt and Bayonet
    P
    Many

Any belt attached to this buckle originally would have undoubtedly had an embossed RZM mark with maker's code. For me, this is a marriage of belt and buckle.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

That buckle your Student NPEA is a hard one to come by and is nice. Agree about belt being put to gether with set nice looking 84/98 with frog maybe you will evidentually post in K98 thread I would like to see it if its Military Waa, Police contract, commercial etc. Commercial attached is example of one that NPEA could have used issued by NSDAP authorities it is non military. timothy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NPEA Buckle Belt and Bayonet   NPEA Buckle Belt and Bayonet  

Thanks guys, so I am guessing as well it was put together, I may put my Heer buckle with the belt and bayo for display then and then put the NPEA alone.
    Bob, would the belt be a basic belt, the only difference would be the stampings or altogether a different design?
    The belts leather is in such poor shape if anything was stamped it would be impossible to make out.

Timothy, the bayo is made by Mundlos therefore I think it is contracted for the military?
    Thanks for the help

PS Ben the Jagermeister got me!

Yes it sounds like it especially if Waa stamped. These commercial bayonets (non Military proofed) are interesting and it is usually unknown who had them as NSDAP authorites issued them I saw a vet bring back similar to your rig but bayonet was non military and frog was stamped RAD in a RAD setup. timothy

Am I missing something: since when is this an NPEA-buckle?
    This one is for the NSD-Studentenbund and should have a black belt.
    In the official papers: Verordnungsblatt des Reichsstudentenführers
    (Vbl.RSF) no dagger or bayonet is being included, nor mentioned!

With order Nr.8/37 from April 19, 1937 from Dr. Ley the organization for the
    NSD-Studentenbund, as well as the Deutsche Studentenschaft
    was arranged and published. With nr. 8 the uniform was mentioned. In the
    Vbl.RSF from March 20, 1938 the uniform was arranged for the time being
    (order FO 10/38). The buckle was not yet introduced, but expected soon.
    The buckle was announced June 10, 1938 in the Vbl.RSF with order FO 25/38.

From the enclosed order you can see when and where the buckle appeared
    first in public: Heidelberg at the Deutscher Studententag 1938!!

NPEA Buckle Belt and Bayonet

Okay Wilhelm what orgnization had the NPEA student dagger That was worn in a belt frog I have seen dress bayonets marked to this organization. I don''t know but some student org had edged weapons didn't they? Maybe NPEA is the wrong term. timothy

You say it yourself: NPEA student dagger = NPEA, the dagger looks as an SA dagger,
    but with the motto "Mehr sein als scheinen". I have no information about bayonets to
    be worn by them. Who knows that the one or the other, standing guard had to use
    the bayonet.

Yeah that is the one looks like a SA dagger without eagle and SA pin. That is a rare buckle he shows. timothy

Thanks for the clarification Gents it is a buckle I happened to come by noting in my expertise.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2