Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

NSDAP /SA /Wehrmacht Officiers Buckle Belt ?

Article about: Bought this light brown two pronged buckle and belt this week. At first I thought a Political Leiter's belt, but after looking at two on offer at collectors guild I think not. Here's a descr

?

Default NSDAP /SA /Wehrmacht Officiers Buckle Belt ?

Bought this light brown two pronged buckle and belt this week. At first I thought a Political Leiter's belt, but after looking at two on offer at collectors guild I think not. Here's a description - pebbled front, open rectangular, double claw belt buckle, measuring 74mm x 47mm, has a silver gilt wash, most of which, with the expected age darkening, remains. Buckle is marked RZM M4/22 - Christian Therodor Dick - Lündenscheid. The 60mm wide brown leather belt, 105cm long, has one end folded over and stitched around the buckle, while the other end comes pointed with five pairs of buckling holes. The belt inside has attached felt material for uniform protection. The political leader belts on offer were smaller 44mm wide and the buckles were smaller with apertures with sharp 90 degree corners. So my friends , what can it be. Any information appreciated .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP /SA /Wehrmacht Officiers Buckle Belt ?   NSDAP /SA /Wehrmacht Officiers Buckle Belt ?  

NSDAP /SA /Wehrmacht Officiers Buckle Belt ?   NSDAP /SA /Wehrmacht Officiers Buckle Belt ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP /SA /Wehrmacht Officiers Buckle Belt ?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: NSDAP /SA /Wehrmacht Officiers Buckle Belt ?

Luft. ?

The RZM mark excludes any military usage of the belt. It would be either S A or NSDAP political leader.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I would tend to agree with Bobs comment to be honest
    Ben

?

Is it not too big to be a Political Leaders Belt ? 60mm wide - as against 44mm wide and a much larger buckle 74mm x 47mm again against 60mm x 44mm and the four sharp corners inside the buckle. The guild's belts didn't have any MM - here's a picture to compare with.
    Attached Images Attached Images NSDAP /SA /Wehrmacht Officiers Buckle Belt ? 

As said, with the RZM stamping on it, definitely not a military belt, but as to what it Is, it could be an endless number of things. The Germans had uniforms for just about everything you could shake a stick at and then some. The large size makes you think it could have been for over an overcoat or something else fairly substantial. Any sign that it ever carried anything on it, such as a pouch, holster, etc?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

No marks or left over impressions of it ever having carried carried anything. Your point about the Germans having a multitude of different belts may well be right, but I doubt the different organizations would have allowed its members to wear a different assortment of belts, any size that came to hand for its uniform - no never. Think it may be a question of finding out which organization had this size belt ? or perhaps as you say a belt for a overcoat. Regardsl
    Last edited by AlecH; 07-13-2012 at 08:16 AM.

Hello,

with RZM Marking it is a political Officers Belt !
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

?

Gentlemen,
    Thanks for the posts, the common wisdom seems to be that its a Political Officers belt. I'm inclined to agree, I did see Weitze's site has one on offer the same size as at the thread start, although the buckle is the same as the one shown in photo Nr.5. Thanks for the help.