Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Offered a job lot of buckles...

Article about: by Lenny Warren I'm presuming the fake lefty is the one with two rivets? Hello, yes you are right

Default Offered a job lot of buckles...

Hi guys,

I've been offered a job lot of buckles. I've already had the DJ and HJ in this pic and hapy with the deal. I'm still waiting on the rar view of buckles. I'h hoping to get a deal on these, but any opinions on the buckles from what you see in pic?

2nd row number 4 is touted as DAK, but colour looks weird, maybe done in theatre?

3rd row number 1, SA, what about wear around edges, thought would have been brass?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Offered a job lot of buckles...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Offered a job lot of buckles...
    P
    Many

?

I wouldn't consider any Heer buckle tropical unless it has a web tab. To many dealers call a buckle tropical just because it has a lighter green finish.

There is a good article on the SA with the straight wing eagle here on the forum. I think I see the flaw in the wing that the fakes have. It also may have three solder points

Quote by kirby View Post
    I wouldn't consider any Heer buckle tropical unless it has a web tab. To many dealers call a buckle tropical just because it has a lighter green finish.

There is a good article on the SA with the straight wing eagle here on the forum. I think I see the flaw in the wing that the fakes have. It also may have three solder points
    Cheers, that's what I thought about DAK, I suppose this buckle could have been painted anytime. I'll try to get pic of rear of buckles and take it from there. I was more concerned about the lack of brass at edges of SA buckle, almost like it's been painted or gilded on top of nickel or white metal...

Nice buckles Lenny look them over carefully there could be some that may be stinkers slipped in Not saying there is the ones shown look fine from front view. Most tropical buckles do have a web tab and I agree with that to be true tropical however I once acquired a web belt with standard buckle leather tab that came from a widow of a US medical personnel that was in N Afrika, and silcey, Italy timothy

Quote by Lenny Warren View Post
    Hi guys,

I've been offered a job lot of buckles. I've already had the DJ and HJ in this pic and hapy with the deal. I'm still waiting on the rar view of buckles. I'h hoping to get a deal on these, but any opinions on the buckles from what you see in pic?

2nd row number 4 is touted as DAK, but colour looks weird, maybe done in theatre?

3rd row number 1, SA, what about wear around edges, thought would have been brass?
    Hello ,

i would stay away from the SA straight wing .........

Here a also fake :

Offered a job lot of buckles...
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

Cheers guys...

Some nice pieces there, would like to see the back of the Heer buckle, second row, third from the left. Looks very new, but missing some of the pebbling in the left lower corner.

backs...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Offered a job lot of buckles...   Offered a job lot of buckles...  

Offered a job lot of buckles...   Offered a job lot of buckles...  

Lenny, looks like the Luft is a fake as well, the OLC Heer is a late war variation and very nice though for me the paint is not factory applied
    Ben

I'm presuming the fake lefty is the one with two rivets?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast