MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Original belt buckle?

Article about: Is everything original? What price do you think is good for it?

?

Question Original belt buckle?

Is everything original?
    What price do you think is good for it?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original belt buckle?   Original belt buckle?  

Original belt buckle?   Original belt buckle?  

Original belt buckle?   Original belt buckle?  

Original belt buckle?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original belt buckle?
    P
    Many

The buckle looks alright, but the belt is of the wrong type and is incorrectly fitted. The belt should thread through the buckle beneath the roller, with the prongs fitting into the sizing holes. The belt on the one above is attached to the wrong side, where the hook on an original belt would clip into.

The image below shows what I'm referring to. The end with the holes interacts with the roller and prongs, and the metal hook on the opposite end attaches to the loop.

Original belt buckle?

Of course, it could be a field made replacement, but such things are impossible to date. It could have been done during the war, or it could have been done last week. There's no way of knowing.

Buckles can also occasionally be found with a leather keeper, designed to prevent the belt from slipping. These are often maker marked. Below is my one and only example, marked 'E. Schneider' and dated 1940. I'd take some additional pictures, but it now forms part of a uniform setup that I don't want to disassemble.

Original belt buckle?

Regards, B.B.

Hello as B.B stated the buckle is good made by Dr Franke & Co. Here's another to compare to. Best regards.

Brian

Heer belt by Dr.Franke & co

Original buckle but the strap configuration is all wrong, not worth too much to be honest $50 max
    Ben