Hello,

here my OT buckle :

OTOTOT
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement OT
    P
    Many

Default Re: OT

Nice original buckle, but heavy worn! Doesn´t matter...It´s good!
    Gruß Max

Nice buckle Markus, and not easy to get hold of!
    Ben

Very nice buckle! I haven't seen this design of buckle before.
    Thanks for showing.

Regards

Nice one Markus, is the one you bought in the USA? Thanks for showing this rare bird. Thomas

Quote by NortonI View Post
    Nice one Markus, is the one you bought in the USA? Thanks for showing this rare bird. Thomas

In Canada .......
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

Very nice! Very rare!!

Rob

After looking at your buckle very closely I have to say that I have some concerns about it. I have not been collecting TR buckles for some time but I do know that the originial OT buckles, and I have had a number of them in my hands , all had the OT logo stamped in such a way that a portion-ca. 1/4 of it, was over the back edge of the buckle. The fakes all had the round logo with-in the buckle confines of the buckle body, as your buckle does. This flaw was the one sure way to determine if an OT buckle was originial or not.
    I would be interested to hear from other members that have had experience with original OT buckles to chime in on this.

Bill

Quote by Buckle1 View Post
    After looking at your buckle very closely I have to say that I have some concerns about it. I have not been collecting TR buckles for some time but I do know that the originial OT buckles, and I have had a number of them in my hands , all had the OT logo stamped in such a way that a portion-ca. 1/4 of it, was over the back edge of the buckle. The fakes all had the round logo with-in the buckle confines of the buckle body, as your buckle does. This flaw was the one sure way to determine if an OT buckle was originial or not.
    I would be interested to hear from other members that have had experience with original OT buckles to chime in on this.

Bill
    That is not correct . For example some OT's are without marking .

The stamps are not over all on the exact same place . Therefor it is not a criterion for originality !

Here another original OT from my collection :

OTOTOT
    Last edited by yellow12; 08-30-2011 at 08:47 PM.
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

First, I have never encountered an unmarked OT buckle.That is not say that they do not exist. However, Showing the 2nd buckle with the "Org Todt" stamping in the same place does not prove the point I am trying to make which is, OT buckles with this type of stamp are seriously suspect. When these fake OT buckles first started to show up back in the late 90's it was the only criteria that could be applied to differentiate between the good one's and the bad. Everything else was nearly 100% correct except for this one error. The bottom line on this is that originial OT buckles ALWAYS had the motto off of the edge and the fakes did not. Unless someone can show an OT buckle that dates back to the pre 1990's that has the logo placed as your buckles have I stand by my statements.

Bill

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast