Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Penal buckle opinion

Article about: Hi guys, need little help with this one, is this a "penalty buckle" and is it any good?? If better pics. needed I try to get them greetz Marks

?

Default Penal buckle opinion

Hi guys, need little help with this one, is this a "penalty buckle" and is it any good?? If better pics. needed I try to get them

greetz
    Marks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Penal buckle opinion   Penal buckle opinion  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Penal buckle opinion
    P
    Many

Default re: Penal buckle opinion

i dont like the ends of the belt prongs,,,almost always,at least in my experience,the ends are uniformly fashioned to a point,not "beveled" on the end,also i dont like the detail of the front and i have never seen one in this color,,i could be mistaken,but thats my 2c,,Robert

Marks

In my opinion, this is a post 1945 buckle which unfortunately, was heavily promoted by a well known author of belt buckles who really should have known better.

Sometimes referred to a the "Penal Battalion" buckle or the "Brain" buckle and the later versions, known with a spurious makers mark and date. A post 1945 item in my opinion.

Regards,

David

I am with David, post 1945 buckle
    Ben

All the examples I've seen - and the one I have in my collection are marked B&N (Berg and Nolte). I think I've seen some with different dates....mine says 43 but I have yet to see any evidence of these being used during the 1933-1945 years.

Rob

Hello
    another one, different to those mentioned already here.

Alex.
    Attached Images Attached Images Penal buckle opinion  Penal buckle opinion 

?

Ok, thanks guys for help!

Marks

?

I used to have one of these buckles in the late 80's and it was marked B&N 43. All the samples I've seen since then were always mint and unissued. This have always puzzled me,together with no photo evidence. So, now I longer own one...

Fascinating buckle! Worn by Penal battallions? I have never come across this design . I learn something every day

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hi Nick, I think it is best to forget the penal battl part. I think these are post war like David.

Cheera, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast