Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Penal buckle opinion

Article about: Hi guys, need little help with this one, is this a "penalty buckle" and is it any good?? If better pics. needed I try to get them greetz Marks

Default re: Penal buckle opinion

Rob, could you post your 1943 B & N buckle please?
    Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Penal buckle opinion
    P
    Many

Sure thing Ben.....
    I've considered too the idea that the box might have been manufactured in '43 but just never stamped....These surplus stocks were then used post '45 for some organisation that has yet to be ID'd...I wonder if that could be a possibility.

Here's my example...

Cheers!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Penal buckle opinion   Penal buckle opinion  

Penal buckle opinion   Penal buckle opinion  

I just noticed how the ears on my example are different from the ears on the other buckles....different maker?

Rob

See Rob, this is what always mystifies me, this buckle is typical of Berge & Nolte for this period, the ears, markings, catch and crude cut prongs, so I presume these buckles were made post war by this company or indeed they did manufacture these during the 43 period. The makers mark is normal the last process in the making of the buckle, so why mark a buckle made post war with a 43 date? Anyone any thoughts?
    Ben

Hey Ben....the maker mark stamping is done before the buckle itself is stamped. I've considered the idea that these were surplus stock and stamped after the war. Just a theory though - I really don't know for sure. It's for this specific reason that I wanted one in my collection: the unknown aspect behind this buckle. I would love to find a pic (even post-war as I too assume these were used after the conflict) showing where these buckles were used.
    The hunt continues.
    Cheers buddy!
    Rob

?

how about some finished or semi-finished marked buckles reworked postwar to be utilised? Just an idea

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2