Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

political org. belt marks

Article about: Among the political org. belts I have there is one which puzzles me. It's obviously a period belt, brown with age wrinkled surface and has obviously carried something heavy for a time on a D

Default political org. belt marks

Among the political org. belts I have there is one which puzzles me. It's obviously a period belt, brown with age wrinkled surface and has obviously carried something heavy for a time on a D ring because it's very slightly stretched in the middle where the small of the back would be, the inner side of this region is dark with sweat/grime stainins. The belt has the usual rivetted nickel buckle catch and the tongue is stitched so the stitching can't be seen on the outside. The tongue has an RZM stamp within the usual double circles but is stamped below as M7/36, any ideas please?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement political org. belt marks
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: political org. belt marks

hello roland, can you add some picture? that would help

Welcome to the forum Roland.

Is not RZM M7/36 blade related for E. & F. Hörster, Solingen?

Images would be appreciated.

Regards,

David

Here are a couple of images of the belt as requested. Cheers, Roland.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture political org. belt marks   political org. belt marks  

Roland

Thankyou for the images and everything is as you say.

No issues whatsoever with the strap and it looks fine in every detail - except one - those strange stampings !!

I do not have a collecting interest in relation to leather straps and as such, I do not have an eye for fake styles of RZM logos, associated fonts and the like.

It is not the way of our forum to answer in a monosyllabic form, without some explanation or supporting evidence. Having said that and obviously contradicting myself, I do not like these stampings and I think that they are a post 1945 embellishment - although I cannot say why.

Regards,

David

Many thanks for your comments David, I agrre with you, why add those marks on a period belt, seems stupid really, maybe they thought they could sell it for more. Anyway I got it at a reasonable price. I've added some repro buckle images on Rogues gallery, if you have time could you check out the Assman HJ buckle I added.
    I call it a repro and consider it as such but it really does look very well die-stamped showing all detail.
    Many thanks, Roland.

Roland

Sorry that I could not shed any more light on the strap markings.

You are right about the HJ buckle that you have so kindly posted within the Rogues Gallery. A fake which in the early days caught many collectors by surprise. Stamped steel and seen with both the brazed wide catch and one which attempts to copy the Aurich crank. Having said that, markings which echo to a degree those seen on early nickle silver HJ's by Assmann. Totally out of place of course on the later period steel HJ.

Regards,

David