Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Rare Nazi Belt Buckle or Fantasy Piece?

Article about: Hey guys, I've been offered this belt buckle. I've never seen one of these before. Wondering if it is original or just a fantasy piece? These are the only pictures I have to work with at the

Default Rare Nazi Belt Buckle or Fantasy Piece?

Hey guys, I've been offered this belt buckle. I've never seen one of these before. Wondering if it is original or just a fantasy piece? These are the only pictures I have to work with at the moment. I would appreciate any help.

Regards, Corey
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rare Nazi Belt Buckle or Fantasy Piece?   Rare Nazi Belt Buckle or Fantasy Piece?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rare Nazi Belt Buckle or Fantasy Piece?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Rare Nazi Belt Buckle or Fantasy Piece?

original sympathizer buckle.. not rare by any means.. but original and in decent shape

Seller is not sure, thinks it is from the early 1930's. Thanks, I just figured it was rare because I have never seen one before. I hate to bring money into it, but what is the going price for these? I just want to make sure I am not overspending.

Regards, Corey

There will always be a differing of opinions about this waist clasp (and others). For myself, an Art Deco fashion item with no tangible connection whatsoever to the NSDAP. The display of a swastika and during the first quarter of the twentieth century in particular, does not mean that the item is automatically NSDAP.

Regards,

David

Quote by David North View Post
    There will always be a differing of opinions about this waist clasp (and others). For myself, an Art Deco fashion item with no tangible connection whatsoever to the NSDAP. The display of a swastika and during the first quarter of the twentieth century in particular, does not mean that the item is automatically NSDAP.

Regards,

David
    I agree with you David, I have done some research and yours seems to be the most substantial take on the subject. In a previous thread somebody mentioned that they saw a photo of the Hitler Jugend's wearing this buckle at a rally. Although not official NSDAP, I think the term "sympathizer" fits the buckle quite nicely.

Regards, Corey

I agree with David. Whether it is Third Reich period or not,
    simply because there is a swastika on it, I imagine
    it will be priced rather high.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Sold one of these on estand a few years ago for $50. I think the one I still have is Ges Gesch Marked.

I don't think more need be said about this particular buckle...but I thought I would put up some pics of my example. It's in pretty decent condition and I think this is how they were made. I had another example before that had some black left to it...but not like this example. I'm pretty confident that the black on the outside of the swastika is original to the buckle.

Cheers!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rare Nazi Belt Buckle or Fantasy Piece?   Rare Nazi Belt Buckle or Fantasy Piece?  

Rare Nazi Belt Buckle or Fantasy Piece?   Rare Nazi Belt Buckle or Fantasy Piece?  

Attached Images Attached Images Rare Nazi Belt Buckle or Fantasy Piece? 

?

had 5 of them from flea sale years ago, thought they were boy scouts ?