Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Real or Fake RECHT en TROUW Belt buckle

Article about: by lach470 For me - it's the general construction of the buckle. The tips of the prongs look like the repro prongs. I don't think the RZM markings should be there (could be wrong on that one

Default Re: Real or Fake RECHT en TROUW Belt buckle

Quote by lach470 View Post
    For me - it's the general construction of the buckle. The tips of the prongs look like the repro prongs. I don't think the RZM markings should be there (could be wrong on that one though) and the Ges.Gesch don't look right either.
    The biggest giveaway is that originals have a seperate roundel that is affixed to the box - they are not "stamped" like this example as Guido has mentioned. I thought I had seen originals that were stamped....but I'm not so sure now...

Hope that helps. Nothing wrong with wanting to wear it though - and it's the thought that counts in regards to getting such a nice gift.
    thanks mate

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real or Fake RECHT en TROUW Belt buckle
    P
    Many

Here are images of the two most "common" Recht en Trouw buckles and I am sure that a one piece stamped variation exists also. In my opinion, the one shown by Klinger is a fake and which is a type having been known for many years - without any stamped markings. It would appear that the fakes are now available with bogus and nonsensical marks.

These images have been "extracted" from a post that Marc Verstraete van der Weyer made on another forum. I will drop a line to Marc and if for whatever reason he objects to their use, I will delete them.

Regards,

David

Quote by klinger View Post
    ok but what is wrong, please let me know, i know not all written in books is real, but in one book i found a stamped one like mine, thats why im still asking, it dose not mean that i dont appreciate all your oppinions but i like to know a bit more about this type of buckle
    The box of the buckle is a standard one they use for various fakes, look at the crimping on the sides, very pronounced and typical of these fakes. The catch is wrong, as are the prongs. Look at the buckle and compare it to one of the steel SS fakes, there are lots in the SS fake thread, you then look at these and learn what separates good from bad. Do not despair if you keep looking you will learn
    Ben

Klinger, have a good read of this thread, it may help you a little

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/belt-...-fakes-5102-2/
    Ben

This buckle was for the flemish DM/ZB (not dutch) brigades, why should there be a RZM mark as these were made in belgium?

Jean

?

Just to chime in on the markings, the buckle being for a Flemish organisation, it certainly did not come under RZM control, and for the same reason there should not be any "ges. gesch." marking either as this, again, is purely German. Plus, the "SS" obviously intended to sex this thing up...
    Best regards, Kurt

?

Again, I do not know original die stamped specimen of these buckles.

Here is my "belgian made" zinc buckle for comparison.

Please try further this side (under topic belt buckles):

http://www.military.be/web/en/index.htm

Regards,
    Guido
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real or Fake RECHT en TROUW Belt buckle   Real or Fake RECHT en TROUW Belt buckle  

ok thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2