MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Return to collecting and advice on buckles?

Article about: Good one Lenny, looking forward to seeing them

Default Return to collecting and advice on buckles?

Hi guys,

I've been away from collecting for a few years, whole collection went after a nasty divorce... Sigh, such is life. I used to run the MCN, Militaria Collector's Network which started in 1998 and only just fizzled away a few years ago...

Anyway, I've collected most things over the years and recently the bug has returned. I can't justify a lot of money on collecting, so was hoping to stick to something smaller, relatively cheap(er) and seem to have settled on belt buckles.

However, a few friends have told me that the fakes have got a lot better over the last few years, and it's got to the stage that some collectors are getting rid of buckles and staying away due to the preponderance of fakes, does this seem to be the case?

I'm hoping to start with the common buckles and see where I end up. I've been offered these three buckles and wondered what you thought?

Cheers,
    Lenny

Return to collecting and advice on buckles?Return to collecting and advice on buckles?Return to collecting and advice on buckles?Return to collecting and advice on buckles?Return to collecting and advice on buckles?Return to collecting and advice on buckles?Return to collecting and advice on buckles?Return to collecting and advice on buckles?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Return to collecting and advice on buckles?
    P
    Many

Default re: Return to collecting and advice on buckles?

Lenny, HJ and luft are original, the Heer is a bad fake mate. The HJ marked RZM 24 is a nice early nickel buckle and in good condition, the tab does not belong on there, whether is was done in the TR era, well who knows

- - Updated - -

BTW welcome to the forum
    Ben

I agree with Ben...the HJ and Luftwaffe are good, the Heer is fake....
    cheers, Glenn

Cheers Ben, appreciated. I had sort of had a niggle that the KM was fake. I've never seen a leather tab on an HJ, you think it's been added to bump the value? The stitching looked good and tight.

?

Hi guys
    I must admit it is the first time I have seen a leather tab on a HJ buckle, are these common Ben?
    Welcome back to the forum tinlids.
    Regards
    Kevin

?

It is a nice early nickel Hj but the tab doesn't add any value. It is on the wrong direction, it has been shortened and it is the wrong maker. The tab still might be worth $20-25 to a collector who has the proper buckle to attach it to.

Cheers, appreciated. I'll make him an offer on the HJ and the Luft as I'm just starting my buckle collection. What value do you reckon on the HJ and Luft in the UK?

?

In pounds 40-50 on the HJ. I would pass on the Luftwaffe and wait for a nicer example.

Default Re: Return to collecting and advice on buckles?

Quote by kirby View Post
    In pounds 40-50 on the HJ. I would pass on the Luftwaffe and wait for a nicer example.
    Cheers, will make him an offer...

Default Re: Return to collecting and advice on buckles?

Just to let you know guys, I've decided to use my real name on here. I used Tin Lids years ago when I collected helmets, and now I'm more of a fan of real names on forums personally.

Anyway, I got that HJ and Lufty for a cheap price so I'm happy. I've removed the tab from the HJ. The lUfty will do me as I'm just starting my buckle collection.

I've got 2 other Lufty belts and buckles, will post pics soon...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast