Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Rogues Gallery

Article about: Well done Ben, great gallery to learn from it should help a lot of us. Dave.

Default Re: Rouges Gallery

Have a look at this thread

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/germa...als-fakes.html

I have started to show some of the SS buckles and how to tell them apart
    Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rogues Gallery
    P
    Many

Many of these buckles have been around for donkeys years, & older/wiser collectors will not be fooled, its good to see such a data base for old & new enthusiasts to muse over. A good site for you chaps to 'nosey around in' is, Das-koppelschloss.de - die Militaria Site über Koppelschlösser , a German language site (Google will translate, if a bit pidgeon-english), it has a wealth of info,& plenty of buckles for sale. Worth a look.

The problem is these buckles are still fooling people who are shelling out lots of money for fake SS buckles The site mentioned is very good, owned by a very nice man called Sven Janke, always willing to help people and email him for buckle you might need, he has lots more that are not advertised on his site
    Ben

thanks to this forum just picked up on what I believe is a fake out of Poland; a similar sold on ebay a day ago out of Calhoun Georgia USA for 102 $ USA I feel pretty sure that it is a fake BUT just wanted to run it by this forum...TIA

Lou
    Attached Images Attached Images Rogues Gallery  Rogues Gallery 

Hi Lou, welcome to the forum!

It is not even a fake, but it is a fantasy design which never existed during the Third Reich era.

Cheers, Ade.

That last buckle is a well known Ebay buckle......it amazes me that these buckles sell every time!!! Yes - fantasy for sure.....you know what they say: a fool and his money are soon parted....in this hobby - what makes a fool is someone who purchases something without any prior knowledge on it (that is what forums and threads like this one are all about! Gotta love it!)
    Cheers!

Rob

Incredible !

The things that people sell as 'real' military astounds me. I am no expert on buckles but that one stinks so much I can smell it from England !

Steve T

I truely appreciate this groups help and sage advice; yep; it smelled a bit nasty to my ignorant nose and here is the "description"?! on ebay currently!

WW2 German buckle, condition like on picture's.

Will ship to only countries that allow this type of historical item. In accordance to ebays rules, there are no forbidden symbols present. This item doesn't promote hate ,violence, racial or religious intolerance. It is historical importance item that do not contain propaganda.

gosh, you mean it's not real!!!

My attempt at humour.

a bit bumfuzzled on the historical significance!?

Lou

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast