Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Strafbatailione Koppelschloss

Article about: Guido, many thanks mate, I think a photo like has been needed to be shown on forums for a while, any idea from the uniform of a date? Mit freundlich grusse Ben

Default Re: Strafbatailione Koppelschloss

Yes...I too would like to see that picture! Please show us! I've been waiting for a long time to find some photographic evidence as to where and when this buckle was used. Sounds very interesting!
    Rob

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Strafbatailione Koppelschloss
    P
    Many

?

Hi,
    To put more flesh onto my first post. I bought my Koppelschloss from Germany's No 1 Military dealer Helmut Weitze in March, at the time he was offering a number of these buckles virtually all in this condition. I've looked again today, they have all been sold, included are a couple of pictures of the bill from him. It would seem at least two of the top-flight German dealers Weitze + Hüskens have enough faith in them to describe them so - "Strafbatailione Koppelschloss" and to offer them on the market ! Getting back to the forum, going through the posts - No.4 Kirby writes about markings B+N 43 which would put them as war time production, he comments over the condition, but has no quibbles over the style & design on the buckle, as No5 Yellow12 points out and as buckle collectors know, not all buckles have MM stamps. No6 Guido writes "postwar" how can he be sure? - the simple answer is he can't. I too would be interested to see the Feuerwehrmann picture, hope he gets round to posting it, we can then classify it either wartime /postwar. No.10 Federer writes -"funny guy who would want two of them" well someone did, collectors have cleared Weitze out within a month and he was asking a bit more than Hüskens.
    Wait on the picture
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Strafbatailione Koppelschloss   Strafbatailione Koppelschloss  

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDeta...al-belt-buckle this advert has it down as a prison officials buckle, so do snyders treasures but if they told me it was Saturday today i wouldn't believe them!...

Here is the Berg and Nolte '43 markings that Kirby was referring to. This is a buckle I have in my collection. I think the boxes might well have been manufactured in '43 but perhaps only issued after war's end for some reason or other.
    Again - hypothetical on my part - that is why I would like to see that period photograph.

I have no idea who would have used these....but I got one for my collection simply because there has always been so much debate over these buckles. That alone was worth it for me.

Cheers!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Strafbatailione Koppelschloss   Strafbatailione Koppelschloss  

Strafbatailione Koppelschloss  
    Attached Images Attached Images Strafbatailione Koppelschloss 

PS....You will also notice that along with the markings on my example, the ears are different when both examples are examined. Very well manufactured by two seperate makers.
    Cheers!

Rob

Alec

Just because a dealer says something is genuine does not mean that is the case, if you look on several of the top notch dealers you will find fakes on them and just remember money talks mucker, believe the item not the story. Like I said in my first post, these buckles are an enigma. What is fact though there are no references to them in any TR era catalogue from any maker. I have never seen any period pics of them in wear, with that for me alarm bells start to ring. There is the 43 dated Berge & Nolte buckles and to be honest some I have seen are no doubt Berge & Nolte but again these could have been blanks used post war. This happened as they wasted nothing, examples are this are the sunburst SS buckles, Overhoff made various types of postwar buckle from Heer/SS/luft buckles for the post war era. Myself I like to sit and wait for the evidence, if my good friend Guido has seen these in wear on photos used by the Feuerwehr then that is the icing on cake and put proof to what a majority think already. But like you I still keep an open mind
    Ben

Just to note this site is actually new to me "Hüskens" man that is full of fakes!!!!! Shocking really, even selling pigeon head fakes!
    Ben

Hello! I have also this buckle, no idea, marked 43...

?

OK guys, I've got just the perrmission to post the picture in question - here we go!

Quote by AlecH View Post
    No6 Guido writes "postwar" how can he be sure? - the simple answer is he can't.
    With all due respect, Alec, but you are the man who bet on the wrong horse.
    I am too tired to pray always the same but Ben wrote already all important info about the buckle. What I have to add is the question if you really believe that the Wehrmacht made a huge effort to provide delinquent soldiers with a separate belt buckle??? Have you ever seen this buckle in wear?

The "penal unit" saga is just a story to increase the worth of this buckle since the earliest days of collecting militaria and (nearly) everyone knows it!

Best,
    Guido
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Strafbatailione Koppelschloss  

Interesting stuff, i'm convinced!...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast