Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Third Reich Buckle. Some help?

Article about: Hey guys, I've just been offered a Buckle with a design I can't seem to find in any of my reference books, or here on the forum. I may have just passed over it, but hopefully someone can ide

Default Third Reich Buckle. Some help?

Hey guys,

I've just been offered a Buckle with a design I can't seem to find in any of my reference books, or here on the forum. I may have just passed over it, but hopefully someone can identify it.

It's the Eagle with Swastika, then two crossed shovels underneath. Condition is quite tarnished, but detail is ok. Also has makers stamp on the back.

At first I thought it was a RAD type, but now I'm not so sure.

Guy wants £30 GBP for it (around $25).

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Third Reich Buckle. Some help?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Third Reich Buckle. Some help?

Sounds like an Organisation Todt buckle.

Regards,

Carl

If the shovels are behind the eagle it is very likely an Org Todt buckle. 30 pounds is closer to $45.00 and a steal if it is original. Even a fake at that price is not bad. Original OT buckles bring $700-1000.

Bill

Carl sounds correct, but at 30GBP I reckon it would probably be a fake. Best to post some photos so we can give a better answer.
    Tom

Ok. Thanks guys. I took the gamble and paid the £30. I'd grabbed some nice British Army cap badges for a good price earlier and felt that, even if the Organisation Todt was a fake, I wouldn't be breaking the bank. The guy was just a stall holder at a mini-market and he didn't seem to know about half of what he'd got, so I don't think he was maliciously trying to rip me off.

Back at home and it does seem like a repro. Checking similar ones on the forum, it has a makers mark but it happens to be the same as many other fakes (M4/24). The RZM is complete with both inner and outer circle, but it's raised not stamped (are some raised? I'm not sure I'm only a beginner with these things!). The post and prongs seem moulded too. Also there's no reverse hollow image.

I think it'll be worth holding onto as a comparison piece anyway.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Third Reich Buckle. Some help?   Third Reich Buckle. Some help?  

Buckle is a Czech fake, you will see lots of these around, same rear but front SS, Heer, etc
    Ben

?

i agree with Ben sorry mate its a clunker , rgds Dave

Hello,

here some pics of one from my rare originals :

Third Reich Buckle. Some help?Third Reich Buckle. Some help?
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

Cheers Markus. Nice buckle, and I can certainly see the stark differences between that and my repro. Like I said, thankfully my purchase didn't break the bank and I wasn't parting with hundreds of ££/$$ as some people unfortunately have.

Ben's comment about it being a Czech fake are useful too, and I'll be able to look out for these same ones in the future.

Buckles seem to be an absolute minefield regarding rip-offs, in the same way as medals and awards. Perhaps worse in fact because buckles didn't need to be accompanied by paperwork or presentation details.

?

Nice example Yellow12, thanks for sharing it with us so we can all compare it to the replica item above.

Regards,

Carl

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast