Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Thoughts on French resistance buckle?

Article about: Hi guys, Not been about in ages, new baby, hectic at work etc. but hopefuly back now. Few nice buckles over the summer, so will post pics soon. Just saw this for sale, not convinced on these

Default Thoughts on French resistance buckle?

Hi guys,

Not been about in ages, new baby, hectic at work etc. but hopefuly back now. Few nice buckles over the summer, so will post pics soon.

Just saw this for sale, not convinced on these French Resistance buckles but any thoughts? Guess would be easy to make up and without provenance....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thoughts on French resistance buckle?   Thoughts on French resistance buckle?  

Attached Images Attached Images Thoughts on French resistance buckle?  Thoughts on French resistance buckle? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts on French resistance buckle?
    P
    Many

Original buckle Lenny but not sure about the French connection, never seen one like this to be honest!
    Ben

I would think anyone wearing that could expect a bullet from both sides

I've never seen one, just think it would be easy to make with a denazified buckle if that was what you wanted. I'm not saying the owner HAS done that, just that it would be easy enough to do it. Going for a high price as well...

?

Buckles altered by the Russians for their own use were and are very common and i have an SS Buckle altered with an Estonian Freedom Cross but have never seen a French one like this , the problem is always ascertaining when the alteration was done , wartime or post war , very difficult to say 100 % !!

?

The French weren't a gorilla type force like you would find in the east. The French resistance would have wanted to blend in with the civilian population. I would consider it post war.

?

It could also be Lithuanian or Hungarian. The double-barred (Lorraine) cross exists in some eastern European countries as a holdover from the Byzantine era.

Quote by Paul D View Post
    Buckles altered by the Russians for their own use were and are very common and i have an SS Buckle altered with an Estonian Freedom Cross but have never seen a French one like this , the problem is always ascertaining when the alteration was done , wartime or post war , very difficult to say 100 % !!
    Do you have link for your buckle, pics? I love the wartime/post war modified and denazified buckles. Part of the history...

?

How to get shot, in one easy lesson ....
    "Non ! Non ! Resistance ? Moi ?"