Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

three German buckles: two Heer and one Hitler Jugend

Article about: I bought these buckles at the end of the summer.The tab heer is JFS 2nd Heer is R.S.&S and the HJ M4/7 with rzm . After I got home the more I look at the HJ buckle I think it might not b

?

Default three German buckles: two Heer and one Hitler Jugend

I bought these buckles at the end of the summer.The tab heer is JFS 2nd Heer is R.S.&S and the HJ M4/7 with rzm . After I got home the more I look at the HJ buckle I think it might not be good any thoughts. The JFS tab is marked 1941.

Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture three German buckles: two Heer and one Hitler Jugend   three German buckles: two Heer and one Hitler Jugend  

three German buckles: two Heer and one Hitler Jugend   three German buckles: two Heer and one Hitler Jugend  

three German buckles: two Heer and one Hitler Jugend   three German buckles: two Heer and one Hitler Jugend  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement three German buckles: two Heer and one Hitler Jugend
    P
    Many

Default re: three German buckles: two Heer and one Hitler Jugend

Hi Gary, its hard to tell from the pics, the two Heer buckles are fine, is the JFS `tab marked at all? and is it JFS on it? Dont like the HJ to be honest, the eagle looks like a freak? I am sure Chad or Rob will have their say
    Ben

?

Ben I believe it is JFS on the tab its tough to read. Better photo's of the Heer buckles. On the HJ some it looks like it was sanded. I hate to say it but I didn't notice the sanding untill the buyer's high wore off. What do you think of the belt. Thanks for having a look. Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture three German buckles: two Heer and one Hitler Jugend   three German buckles: two Heer and one Hitler Jugend  

three German buckles: two Heer and one Hitler Jugend  

Gary, hard to tell from the pics but belt looks ok, looks like a 1st pattern with the tongue missing, I asked about the JFS tab because you dont find many tabs on JFS Heer buckles, they are not so often seen so yours is a special buckle , the Seiper buckle is well worn!
    Ben

?

Thanks Ben I'm starting to see why you like these buckles so much. Well the HJ buckle isnt a total loss . You the man ............Thanks again. Gary

The construction on the HJ looks right.....I have to agree that the head of the eagle does look "funky"....but I wonder if that could simply be a result of the wear that is on the front. Chad would have a definite answer for you - but my take given the construction is that it's a good one. Any chance we could get a closeup of the markings on the HJ buckle??? I wonder if they are pointing the wrong way!

Cheers!
    Rob

?

Rob hope these pic. help. Thanks for any info Gary

Hey! Yes, those pics are much clearer....I was right: how odd - the maker mark is facing "inside" the buckle rather than facing "out"....I don't think I've seen that before. Doesn't mean that it's a repro though - it could be a rare "fluke"....I still think we need to get Chad to have a look at this one as it continues to get more and more interesting.
    Thanks for the improved pics!

Rob

?

Rob thanks again for looking at my HJ buckle. From the front it looks like a turkey buzzard. I hope its the real thing. Gary