Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Unidentified "large swastika" buckle ?

Article about: David, thanks for the flowers - I think these swastika buckles were made for all the right wing groups in the Weimar period. For example, the Deutschvölkische Freiheitspartei ( German Völkis

?

Default Re: Unidentified "large swastika" buckle ?

Another buckle I would love to add to my collection.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unidentified "large swastika" buckle ?
    P
    Many

This thread is very educational for me. May I suggest it be added to the "sticky" threads.

Jeff

Hello
    Here is my input

Alex.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unidentified "large swastika" buckle ?   Unidentified "large swastika" buckle ?  

Quote by Killroy View Post
    This thread is very educational for me. May I suggest it be added to the "sticky" threads.

Jeff
    Jeff, problem at the moment is that the sticky threads are really on their limit, if we carry on the first page will all be sticky threads so I am trying to keep them as they are at this moment in time, you can always use the search facilty to find a specific buckle if you need it.
    Ben

Right-on my friend. On looking at it now it seems that I should have checked that as well. Hopefully one of these will "find me" as they have been and I can then use this thread!

Jeff

?

Adam and Alex!

Both are very nice buckles! Thanks for showing!

Adam, it seems that your one is in unworn condition. Perhaps an Overhoff production?

Unfortunately I have no one of these in my collection as they are really hard to come by!

Best,
    Guido

Hello All,

Guido, I think you are correct in the speculation that my buckle was produced by Overhoff. The box is certainly not one that I would associate with Assmann such as the 2nd buckle that David originally showed. As David speculated with his Overhoff marked buckle, I suppose it's plausible though that the roundel could have been produced by Assmann. We certainly know from the early "double maker marked" HJ buckles that these two companies had a close, enigmatic relationship.

I do believe my nickel buckle was used... Without wishing to make anyone here cringe, I will share that I cleaned up the buckle just a little Bare nickel silver is a material I am comfortable taking a tender cleaning hand to and I think the result is quite nice. Here is a "before and after" photo merge.

Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unidentified "large swastika" buckle ?  

Hello from Germany ,

here is another variation of this buckle .

In my opinion it is a real Assmann production .

The case is made of brass cotet steel and the bearing is nickel .

I don't know how about it but my thinking is a early sympatise buckle .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unidentified "large swastika" buckle ?   Unidentified "large swastika" buckle ?  

Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

Markus, I am yellow ...because I want one of these soooo bad.... Very nice buckle, thanks for showing. Gruss Thomas

Hello All,

This is a favorite thread of mine and so I’m happy to “bump” it with this new addition to my collection. This large swastika buckle with the accompanying strap arrived a few days ago. In my opinion this is a period piece in both box and roundel but I would warmly welcome further opinions and information.

Firstly, the box appears very well made and with features suggesting early (probably pre-1930) construction. The horizontal orientation of the solder points is also very interesting and perhaps points to this being a self-made buckle or of “cottage industry” production.

Secondly, the roundel is interesting with a very specific design…a kind of honeycombed background and scalloped periphery. The roundel also appears to have traces of a kind of black paint or finish that appears period to my eyes. This very specific design of roundel (minus the black traces) is found at BELTS & BELT BUCKLES. This is a well-known reproductions website and where the buckle is advertised as a “1920’s Sympathizer Buckle.”

I have now shared this buckle with a few very advanced collectors and there seems to not be a consensus on what it represents. When I originally saw this buckle it was being labeled and I myself thought “NSDAP sympathizer.” Since then the question of whether NSDAP sympathizer/kampfzeit or rather youth-related has been raised. The question of whether the belt strap belongs to this buckle is also open.

I’d be very interested to hear any and all thoughts on my particular buckle and to keep this great thread going with further discussion.

Thanks and best to all,
    Adam

Unidentified "large swastika" buckle ?   Unidentified "large swastika" buckle ?  

Unidentified "large swastika" buckle ?   Unidentified "large swastika" buckle ?  

Unidentified "large swastika" buckle ?  

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast