Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unsusual post war re-purposing?

Article about: I came across a seller with a few of these strange Luftwaffe buckles ( for 40Euros each ) that appear to have been re-purposed by cleverly punching out the centres and replacing them with an

Cool Unsusual post war re-purposing?

I came across a seller with a few of these strange Luftwaffe buckles ( for 40Euros each ) that appear to have been re-purposed by cleverly punching out the centres and replacing them with an ornate 'oriental' motif. Just thought it was an interesting case of recycling that's all.... Dr. F. & Co. I think it reads?
    Cheers, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unsusual post war re-purposing?   Unsusual post war re-purposing?  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unsusual post war re-purposing?
    P
    Many

RZM
    ?

Those are really neat! They would be an interesting addition to a collection.

Here is the link for those interested - ending soon.
    Koppelschloss Stahl Luftwaffe DR F CO Umbau | eBay
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quite a normal practise Dan post war, they wasted nothing!
    Ben

I got one of these, on it's way from eBay land. They are in Angolia page 574, and as I love history I find post war Germany fascinating. Loads of similar things happened like pressing helmets into collanders etc.

... and as if by magic, it appeared today. I'm quite chuffed with it. Repainted on the front and sides in a dark blue, almost black paint. The prong bar and prongs have new paint one side, original the other. It's as if the prongs were folded out when sprayed. Look at the excess on one of the prongs, obviously unissued.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unsusual post war re-purposing?   Unsusual post war re-purposing?  

Unsusual post war re-purposing?   Unsusual post war re-purposing?  

I've seen similar to these on Berlin flea markets, stupid me didn't bother to buy one though!...