Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Why bother ????

Article about: Hello everyone. I don't understand why anyone would take the time to wreck belt buckles. Why bother ? Still i had to have a couple.

?

Default Why bother ????

Hello everyone. I don't understand why anyone would take the time to wreck belt buckles. Why bother ?
    Still i had to have a couple.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Why bother ????   Why bother ????  

Why bother ????   Why bother ????  

Why bother ????   Why bother ????  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Why bother ????
    P
    Many

Default Re: Why bother ????

Most likely done for wear as POW's or done so they could be used postwar for work wear. It looks like it was done sometime ago.

I have a Luftwaffe buckle which I know was defaced by the POW owner.

Good items none the less. I like them. What I don't like is how someone has cleaned off paint to show the makers details, that is criminal.

Cheers, Ade.

4md
    ?

i have a buckle that is defaced the same, also from russia, i guess any thing nazi would have been taboo in post war soviet union

?

Thank you for the quick reply.

That all makes perfect sense.

I agree on your point of the further damage to show the makers details, but it was as is when given to me.

Thanks again.

?

Tobruk,

I have been to Russia to dig out German positions, and on several occasions we found that Russian Soldiers used German belts and buckles but they remove the fascist symbols. Also after the war it was strictly forbidden to have any fascist items around you or your home. We spoke to many vets and diggers about this.
    Cheers!
    Eike41