Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

1878 nepali francotte martini henry

Article about: just taken delivery of my winter project - a 1878 Francotte Martini Henry short lever - from IMA. This is one of their "untouched" firearms from the Nepal cache. With the "unt

Default Re: 1878 nepali francotte martini henry

Well, it's certainly untouched! It must be worth more than you paid for it just for spares. But I have no doubt it will make a very presentable gun. To put it into perspective, I purchased a socket bayonet for my Mk11 last week, and it cost me £150. I was going to buy a Mk1V rifle from DandB militaria - which was also an untouched example. But the one I saw in the picture had already been sold, so I got the Mk11 from Fultons at Bisley instead. Although my example didn't require any restoration, I do get an awful lot of pleasure from stripping and restoring old firearms of all kinds. How much postage did IMA charge you?

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    How much postage did IMA charge you?
    Hi

Postage was UPS International expedited and cost about £60 - there are cheaper options available, though USPS for example, but takes forever and I am not very patient - once I have made my mind to splash the cash I want the new toy quickly oh, and there was an import tax of £21.....

getting the stock off is proving to be a a bit of bugger. The long bolt is free where it screws into the receiver, but appears to have cemented itself into the wooden stock so wont turn......soaking in wd40 at the moment and will have another go a week or so - thought is was all going too well

maybe steve t might have a suitable butt plate from his digs ,he seems to find all sorts of fittings

Take your time with the butt bolt as it sounds like it and the stock may have swollen.

Instead of WD40 get yourself some proper penetrating oil!

The Outside of the Barrel looks not good. But a nice Gun i like the modell in i think cal 16

I am sure that either myself or LS will have a butt plate for that Harry. I have about 40 butt plates from the army dump, LS has twice that. One of them must be a MH ! Saying that, WH must have the same number as me as well.

Get a pic of an original and I'll have a look, see if I've got one.

Quote by Richard_J View Post
    Instead of WD40 get yourself some proper penetrating oil!
    Any recommendations?

Ballistol spray-German made, 'nuff said.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast