Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

1895 Nagant Revolver

Article about: Look what Santa brought me I think the holster is post war (as most of the imports are) But I see it has the numbers 45 and 50 on the inside of the flap, is one of those the mfr date? Anyway

Default 1895 Nagant Revolver

Look what Santa brought me

I think the holster is post war (as most of the imports are) But I see it has the numbers 45 and 50 on the inside of the flap, is one of those the mfr date? Anyway, I really like this one, I think it even has the original wood grips! not new made ones.

1895 Nagant Revolver1895 Nagant Revolver1895 Nagant Revolver1895 Nagant Revolver1895 Nagant Revolver1895 Nagant Revolver

?

Default Re: 1895 Nagant Revolver

My, you must have been a good boy this year I shoot with that one in Ukraine this year, it's very loud but i like it!

Those Soviet guns have a tendency to be loud. : )

Very nice revolver, I might have to pick one of those up soon. Ammo is hard to find though, and when you do find it, it's not cheap.

Very interesting old hand guns-always amazed that the Soviets were still knocking them out by the end of WW2-I have seen 2 reasons put forward for this: they worked reliably in extreme cold and they were easier than the Tokarev automatic to stick out of the pistol ports in Soviet tanks-but if you're relying on your revolver to defend your tank you're in deep trouble anyway. I have one made in 1943 and as it was imported directly from Eastern Europe to Australia it doesn't have the US import marks engraved on it.

?

Congratulation! Wonderful piece! Merry Christmas!

?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Those Soviet guns have a tendency to be loud. : )

Very nice revolver, I might have to pick one of those up soon. Ammo is hard to find though, and when you do find it, it's not cheap.
    It's easy to reload for just about anything.