Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

18th Century Mewis Blunderbuss?

Article about: Hey guys, blunderbuss has been in my Opas collection for over 20 years and this weekend my mom finally got around to holland to take pictures for me. I honestly have no clue when it comes to

?

I'm not sure what catalog you are referring to William. If you are talking about the link I posted those are markings from a different Proof house. The book I quoted does not show pictures of the proof stamp on actual firearms. It just gives a detailed drawing and explanation of the Proof that was used at that time. The markings on the barrel do look like the were punched . The edges curve down like the were pushed into the metal.Why is it oval??? Do you know what the stamp looks like? If so please post a picture of the original stamp. That would alleviate any question as far as real or replica. If this could be seen with better pics and also taken apart there would be no question about it. William if you are an expert on these please say so and I will take your word on it.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Okey, Phil...you're right.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I really like it, it has unfortunately been cleaned a LOT but I am happy to be in the minority and say I think it is original. Nice pineapple finial.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3