Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

1911 Steyr-Hahn P12 ( STEYR 1916 )

Article about: My Father was in Germany during WWll and brought back a Steyr-Hahn Pistol it has been kept in a box all this time. When my Father died in 1993 the box and the pistol were given to me. I have

chowda
    ?

Default Re: 1911 Steyr-Hahn P12 ( STEYR 1916 )

I too just received a steyr 9mm from my grandfather's estate. I'm curious as to the ammo it will take and where to find it.

It's a steyr 1916 9mm handgun. It has not been retooled and the serial numbers haven't been changed. Behind the steyr 1916 by the hammer is a small letter 'k' and a larger letter 's'. Just above the trigger on the right side is a stamp with 'w n 16' with a symbol between the n and the 16, possibly a flower.

Thank you in advance for any information.

Oh, I also need a stripper clip if anyone has one for sale.

Thanks again.

Matt

KRISEV
    ?

Matt,

It sounds like the Pistol has been retooled…look for the 08 stamp on the slide….but I am not the expert on this weapon…the Moderator ( Bill Grist ) of this forum is more knowledgeable than I am on this weapon he has been a great help to me. I can tell you the “k” is the common tool stamp for the parts on the Steyr. I have been told that the large “S” on the slide indicates the weapon has been retooled…but Bill will have to verify that.

Kris.

The large S just denotes the safety it is above the safety lever...The weapon is in the original cal. 9mm Steyr....BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

KRISEV
    ?

Bill,

That’s why you are the expert.

Matt,

I have found that this site is very informative with complete photos and graphics of the Steyr Model 1912 and collectable information.
    HLEBOOKS.com (H&L Publishing) - Armes technique histoire - Handguns Technical Colt - Luger,... it will also give you information on the Ammo. There is a company “FIOCCHI” that still makes the original Ammo the distributor in the US is GRAF & SONS they have a web site… the price is about $45.00 for 50 rounds.

Kris.

chowda
    ?

thanks alot guys!

Can you please share the website on "time travelers".......have been looking for a holster for my "German" Browning High Power; thanks

Lou

Quote by KRISEV View Post
    Bill,

Thanks for the information, I looked on line and decided to purchase an original buckle from Time Travelers with the advise from a collector friend that I work with that specializes in WW2 German items. This is the buckle I purchased

KRISEV
    ?

Kris........really like the quality of your repro holster; are you still happy with it?.........where did you purchase it from?.....thanks in advance;

Lou

KRISEV
    ?

Lou,

yes, I,m very satisfied, good quality leather and stitching. Here is the site where I purchased it.

Military Collectibles and Antiques from IMA

Kris.

Kris; went ahead and ordered a holster for my Steyr-Hahn.......great site and lots of interesting stuff.........was hoping to find one at the Bessemer Gun Show this coming weekend but this was just too nice not to order......Lou

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast